lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
texan
Gone Wild

Default Jakes long travel shocks

On my second set of J.L.T. shocks. About two season off road and they are giving out.
Anyone know of a overspring atv shock that would fit ?
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes long travel shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan View Post
On my second set of J.L.T. shocks. About two season off road and they are giving out.
Anyone know of a overspring atv shock that would fit ?
I would take the old Jake's shock to one the auto parts stores and get monroe air shocks with a comparable travel. They are dirt cheap to compared atv and Jake's replacements. They have a fitting for an air compressor already on them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If you get a set of Monroe's that fit, and you are happy with, post the results here if you would. That information may be useful to me and others that have the Jake's LT on the front!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
gmncj785
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would measure your shocks and do a good search like " mono tube coil over shocks". Just check travel distance I would think you'd want 6-8". If you find something please let me know because I also have the Jake's long arm kit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
gmncj785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

IIRC, the All Sports LT lift uses Progressive Suspension shocks. Maybe you could look into them but I think they're kinda pricey when I was checking them out a while back.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
texan
Gone Wild

After closer inspection I need a new front end. Shocks and hemi joints are gone wheel spindle has some slack in it. I guess after four years of the off road I use it for might be ready to replace. Going to order one tomorrow.
Should be easy to replace just leave the same mounting plates on it. Will take the new shocks by the auto parts while they are off and compare to air Monroe shocks for later use.
Will post which shock matches up with it for reference.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On a related note, the air capacity of air shocks is fairly small. That makes the effective spring rate spike dramatically as they are compressed. It is a very progressive curve. If you add some reservoir capacity to the system it reduces the rate at which the spring rate increases. A small tank the size of a coffee can would make a dramatic difference plumbed into the pair of shocks. Not sure what to suggest as a reservoir though.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I don't know about Monroe Shocks, but I do know Gabriel sells a coilover with Springs,
Which one you actually need that's the real question to be asked? as my coilovers are so loose that I can actually spin them in place....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
texan
Gone Wild

Got my new LT lift on. Heads up to anyone up grading there LT. The old kit top shock bolt had a spacers on each side of shock than tapered spacer against mounting plate. The new kit done away with spacers. The bolt head and taper spacer against shock.
They will rattle when you hit a bump. So if your switching out use your same top bolt system. Jakes you need to keep the spacers as before.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #10
Markymizzle
Not Yet Wild

My jakes shocks have what looks like an air valve on them

I pressed the middle pin in and oil came out

Is it possible to just hook up an air pump and add air to them to make them stiffer? My are super soft and bottom out a lot
Markymizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts