lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Neighborhood riding and woods using friendly lift/tire combo

Hey guys,

I am getting ready to order a lift and some wheels and tires for my 97 TXT (DCS) cart. Yes I do know about controller upgrades, so I just want to speak of the above mentioned products, please.

To give you the dynamics of this carts use. It is a primary subdivision hauler and is driven a ton by my 14 and 10 yr old.

Come archery season it is going to dual purpose to my treestands for me. This leads me to my post...

I really love the looks of a 6" lift with 22 or 23" tires on 12's. But center of gravity kinda worries me for the kids. Plus it will be on asphalt more than off road.

I have been looking at a 4" drop axle from all sports, and 10" ITP SS112 wheel with a 20x10x10 tire something like ITP All Terrain tires. I figured this price up last night and it was going to be in the upper $600 Range. Really 600 is my max budget any suggestions? Plus any pics would be appreciated.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Neighborhood riding and woods using friendly lift/tire combo

The 4" lift with 20's or 22's will be fine,You can go with steel wheels a lot cheaper than aluminum(around $26 each for a 10x7 offset-wheel).If you want somemore stability,order some wheel-spacers to widen the cart somemore,that will offset the height-increase somemore.And you can remove the spacers when you use it offroad,if you want to narrow it up some for trails when Archery Season comes(and it cuts down on the mud/water spray.).You can also go with a "Economy-Lift"(Block-Lift) for around $100,that will help your wallet,and they are fine for off-road use as well as on-road.Most of them are 5"-lift,which will take 22's no-problem.The best thing is to take them out on it,show them what happens when you turn too fast(I do this myself,it kinda turns the lite-bulb on when you "scare" them a little).If they are taught how to safely use it,along with understanding that if it gets wrecked,its' done,They tend to respect it more.Here are some before/after shots of a cart I did a few months ago with a 5" Block-Kit and 22"x11"-8"s on 8x7 offset wheels.Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 120429_174803.jpg (185.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 120428_212226.jpg (143.0 KB, 0 views)
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

Thumbs up Re: Neighborhood riding and woods using friendly lift/tire combo

We have had real good luck with the tires in this combo... quite on the asphalt but also do well offroad. I personally run these on my cart and use it much like you say you do (neighborhood and hunting).

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/EZ_GO...ftcombo-38.htm

It is a little over your budget but all of our lift combos and rear seat kits are 10% off all month (July). Just enter JGCJULY at checkout to receive your discount.

Also, if you ever want lift/wheels/tires that are not in one of our combos just send us an email and we will put it together and get it up on the site for you.

Have fun with it!!!
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The 4" lift with 20's or 22's will be fine,You can go with steel wheels a lot cheaper than aluminum(around $26 each for a 10x7 offset-wheel).If you want somemore stability,order some wheel-spacers to widen the cart somemore,that will offset the height-increase somemore.And you can remove the spacers when you use it offroad,if you want to narrow it up some for trails when Archery Season comes(and it cuts down on the mud/water spray.).You can also go with a "Economy-Lift"(Block-Lift) for around $100,that will help your wallet,and they are fine for off-road use as well as on-road.Most of them are 5"-lift,which will take 22's no-problem.The best thing is to take them out on it,show them what happens when you turn too fast(I do this myself,it kinda turns the lite-bulb on when you "scare" them a little).If they are taught how to safely use it,along with understanding that if it gets wrecked,its' done,They tend to respect it more.Here are some before/after shots of a cart I did a few months ago with a 5" Block-Kit and 22"x11"-8"s on 8x7 offset wheels.Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. These are great suggestions. I may not skimp on the lift but may end up with the 8" offset wheels, just for starters.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsGolfCarts View Post
We have had real good luck with the tires in this combo... quite on the asphalt but also do well offroad. I personally run these on my cart and use it much like you say you do (neighborhood and hunting).

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/EZ_GO...ftcombo-38.htm

It is a little over your budget but all of our lift combos and rear seat kits are 10% off all month (July). Just enter JGCJULY at checkout to receive your discount.

Also, if you ever want lift/wheels/tires that are not in one of our combos just send us an email and we will put it together and get it up on the site for you.

Have fun with it!!!
Great link to your site, is the price listed already including the 10% discount that you speak of?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

No, you must enter JGCJULY in the coupon code box at checkout to receive the 10% off lift combos and rear seat kits.
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts