lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Default What size tires and wheels??

I am fixing to start building little by little on a hunting vehicle. I have a 2007 Ezgo TXT PDS and going to put the new 4x4 from imaginative mfg. under it. I see on these forms that some of you have used 23x10x10 tires. I have read the posts from shopdog that just built one with 23x10x10 tires and they bottomed out and had to use spacers. Is there a reason for using just 10" rims instead of 12" rims? If he had used 12" rims would he had to still use the spacers? Just looking for the best thing to buy before I spend a lot of money and wanting to know the pros and cons of the two!!!
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What size tires and wheels??

On Shopdogs built, I think they bottomed out on his disc brake calipers. If you are installing disc brakes, you should go with at least a 12 inch wheel. I used 14 inch wheels on mine and had plenty of clearance at all four wheels. Hope this helps.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some disc brakes fit in a 10" wheel. Also wheel offset is a factor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The advantage to a 10" over a 12" is more sidewall and flex. Better traction. 12" looks better in certain applications
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
archer161
Not Yet Wild

The post helped a lot , but it brings up another question!! I'm going with 23x10x12 mud tires on mine more then likely if someone says no it want work and would like to down the road go with disc brakes. When I go to buy the wheels what kind of off set do I need to look for to maybe keep from using spacers or do I go with spacers and don't worry about off set wheels????
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #6
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Ok, ScottyB come back and help me with the off set wheel or spacer problem!!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
rberg31
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just put a set of 23x10x10 mudlites on 10" black steel wheels on my cart. I have a 2006 txt series cart. I also installed a6" Jake's spindle lift in order to fit tire and wheel combo. I have 10psi in my tires,and I love the ride, the way they look, and the extra grnd clearance I now have. The only thing I don't like is the front tires stick out about 3 inches further than the rear tires do. So I'm not sure if I ordered the wrong wheel back spacing or not. Some on this forum said to get spacers for the rear to correct issue, so that leads me to believe it is commom issue. But im not sure
rberg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's cool, get you a set of spacers for the rear and slap some fender flares on that bad boy and you will be good to go
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO