lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
richardd
Not Yet Wild

Default New Big Block Build..Some questions

I have acquired at a good price a club car with stock rear end and driven clutch and a big block engine for my winter build project.

The main concern is tying the power train together. My engine has a 1 1/8" straight 1/4" keyed shaft, so I was thinking the 94C or 1190 clutch. My other concern was the drive belt. The Comet clutches want an 1 3/16" belt but the driven clutch is for a 1" belt. Would the wider belt ride too high on the driven clutch and what would be the best solution if it does.

I would appreciate your opinions and experiences in going way overboard with an engine....:)
richardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
ssmokey24
Getting Wild

Default Re: New Big Block Build..Some questions

it rid high on my stock clutch i have a 16hp v twin but never came off if you dont like it tom at cp can machine your stock clutch for the wider belt or he sells a aftermarket one for the club car i think they run about $250 and the machining will be way cheaper than that under $100
ssmokey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
kidz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Big Block Build..Some questions

I beleve the Comet 780 can be adjusted to 1" belt width to work with stock Club Car belts. The Comet 780 comes set to the 13/16" belt width for the factory.
kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!