lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Threeput
Gone Wild

Angry Leaving Key in R while charging batteries

2009 Ezgo RXV...I just finished my round..reversed the cart into its spot and plugged in charger...green LED pulsing OK....At home I discovered I had left the keys in the cart...going back the key was in R with battery charging...it was like this for about 1 hour
As far as the reverse beeper is concerned I don't know if it was beeping or not as I'm 90% deaf ...I believe once you plug in the charger all drive circuitry is open...solenoid, brake etc
My question.. could this situation have caused any problems? I did check it by unplugging charger and moving cart forward and reverse...OK
Plugged in charger again ..all OK
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: Leaving Key in R while charging batteries

I've left mine in F while charging several times with no problems. I'm sure it would be the same in R. The only thing I can think of is the batteries may have a drain on them after the charger shuts off. The RXV shuts off power to the solenoid after 30 minutes of no activity so any drain is probably minimal.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No problems that cycling the key to Off cant fix. (Related to 30 minute timeout listed above).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
Threeput
Gone Wild

Thanks guys...great info as usual
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO