lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Default Plumquick motor?

I have been reading alot about Plumquick motors and I have a few questions that I have not seen answered yet. Sorry If I just missed it.

Fist off I have a 03 CC IQ cart.The Controler and motor are stock. I did add a 6" jakes lift and 22"x11"x10" tires. On the flat road I can hit 15 Mph per my GPS. Right now it is ok but I know I will want to go faster.

My questions are these:

Has anyone used the Plum Quick motor is this set up, and how well did it work?

What sorta speed should I increase too with my set up?

How will this effect my pedal time?

Why are the motor's on the sponser's site twice as much? Are they twice as Good?https://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catal...Carts/D390.htmThis one sells for $540.
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Plumquick motor?

Many have used PlumQuick and have had great results. PlumQuick rebuilds motors themselves for performance and dyno tests each one to make sure they’re OK before delivery. I’ve done one and have great results as well with a solid 25+MPH on flat pavement. In a strong wind with the windshield up I get high 23’s to low 24’s. Here is a previous thread that goes into what I did but forget about doing the Code 4 since it's not needed.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html

When PlumQuick modifies the motor they trick the speed sensor into thinking that the motor is going slower then it really is. I would assume your speed with their IQ motor should be close to what mind does now. Just call them and tell them what you have and they will recommend the best options for you.

Also from a dead stop to 15-16 MPH is about 5 seconds if I remember correctly.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car