lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
nowashburn
Not Yet Wild

Default lift kit / tire combo opinions

hey guys im new to the forum and also new to "hooking up" a golf cart. I got an old yamaha gas g2 that is sitting there stock and i just found out about all the things you can do to them. the cart is in pretty good condition besides some rips in the seat and scuff marks / scratches on the body. primarily, im going to be driving around in the woods after im done with it so im not too concerned about it looking 100%, though i still want it to be nice.

ok, so here where i need your guys opinions. i have been looking around for lift kits / tires / rims. like i said before, i don't necessarily need the top of the line stuff but don't want to get junk either. here what i found that seem to be the most cost efficient:

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-1265-yamaha-g2g9-7-lift-swamp-fox-tire-steel-wheel-combo-22x11x10.aspx

and...

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-1041-yamaha-g2g9-7-lift-all-trail-tire-steel-wheel-combo-22x11x10.aspx

let me know what you guys think. if its 100% crap, let me know! also, what do you think will be better, the all terrains or the boggers?

also, i don't want to get too crazy right away, but here are my immediate plans along with the tires / lift:

1. yamaha speed spring:
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-speed-spring.html

2. universal k&n filter:
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/universal-k-n-filter.html

3. carb jet kit:
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/carb-je...11-lifted.html

i found those three products by trolling the threads here, so thanks! again, any suggestions on what to do / what not to do is 100% appreciated. thanks!

- eric
nowashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
nowashburn
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: lift kit / tire combo opinions

shoot, i just realized that i posted this in the repairs section. can someone move this to a differnt topic? what a bad way to introduce myself to the community, haha. sorry guys!
nowashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Welcome to the forum. Your thread is fine here but you can start another one in the guest section if you want. As far as modding out a golf cart, I don't think you can get too crazy. Go for it and be sure to post pic's.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW!!

Your post is OK here!!

I would recommend calling CPP and talking to them. They don’t list everything on the web site. 1-888-861-2640.

For that matter, try all of our site sponsors. You can’t go wrong with a Jakes lift IMO.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum nowashburn.............................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
DUCK30
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys i bought a 1986 yamaha g-1 for 300 bucks. I put a new top end on it and both crank seals. It runs great now an i would like to make a lift kit, im sure i can figure it out but whenever it comes to steering i get a little nervous. One little mistake can screw up your golf cart. Does anyone have any plans to make a lift kit for this cart? If so would you be willing to share, thanks
DUCK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
amg2
Not Yet Wild

Hello everyone, also new to the forum. spriddle, what is the lift tire combo on the cart in your image? and do they grip well?
amg2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit, rims, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha