lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Default BigBattery Golf Cart 42.9v LiFePO4 and 600A Navitas on 2014 Ezgo RXV

Hi All, hoping I am able to provide my experience with this battery and get some advice/ help along the way.

I posted my setup in this thread along with pictures, i can copy it back here if that is preferred?

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...6&postcount=24

and

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...0&postcount=25

The top level issue i have:

Navitas 600 controller expects a 48v lead acid system, so will shut down when the voltage gets to about 41-42V. This BigBattery is rated 35V to 46.8V so Navitas cuts my useable power worse than a lead acid would at 50%.

Navitas can be set to 36v mode, but then it thinks the battery is too full, so starts dumping amps to the resistor coil, and that glows a nice pink/ red :) And i think will catch fire if i left it.

Navitas state they are working on updating their firmware to support me, and the lithium community, but what they expected would take 7-10 days is now 5+ weeks. I dont mind waiting, lots of rain in Florida right now, and i have had chance to do some other upgrades to the cart, and i feel grateful they will fix this for me. BUT - i dont want to be stuck here until Christmas still waiting.

I have my old Curtis controller, can that be re-programmed to work with this battery/ operate within its conditions? <This is my real question.

Please tell me if there are any specifics i need to post about the navitas controller or the curtis i will jump on that.

I've read so many posts on this forum over the years and its really helped me just being an observer, so big thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer.
MrBritGolfFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO