lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #1
Etu
Not Yet Wild

Default PCV valve on MCI ENGINE?

On page S5 of the tech service and repair manual (sticky) for the 2004-2008 MCI engine it mentions a clogged PCV valve in the trouble shooting section. Where is the PCV valve on this engine?
Etu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: PCV valve on MCI ENGINE?

The only thing closest to one I've seen is the hose that comes from the crankcase to the air filter box. Another thing is some later model MCIs have a 'EVAP canister' with a couple of hoses.

Far as I know, there's no actual valve (you know the kind you replace on trucks like old 73-87 Chevys and they're bad if they don't rattle when you shake them).
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The PCV valve is the rectangular box with the hose connection that goes up to the intake. It is mounted in the front face of the engine below the carb.
pcv valve.jpg
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

That's where the hose I was talking about goes. From that to the airbox. I just thought it was a crankcase vent. PCV valves are usually in-line plastic replaceable items.

That out of the way, I've never seen one clogged up. Neither have I found it the cause of any running or starting issue. MCI or non-MCI.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
That's where the hose I was talking about goes. From that to the airbox. I just thought it was a crankcase vent. PCV valves are usually in-line plastic replaceable items.

That out of the way, I've never seen one clogged up. Neither have I found it the cause of any running or starting issue. MCI or non-MCI.
I haven't diagnosed the cause, but the cart I am working on right now had a related issue...wouldn't run at all, had a badly cracked PCV hose, replaced it, hooked up the intake, and it ran. Not well, there are other issues, but it was certainly keeping the cart from running. I am pretty sure that is a crank case vent, but any reference in the manual to the PCV valve is to that unit. The last one I had apart didn't have any moving parts like a normal PCV Valve does. I would have to do some more research. I have a 350 sitting on the bench...if I get a chance, I'll disassemble it and see what makes it tick, if anything.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
Etu
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I was also expecting it to be inline and replaceable. Not sure how it works so if you take it apart let us know what you find.
Etu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO