lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 AM   #11
Mesquite
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36V Ezgo txt, new battery question, Duracell AGM from Sam's Club

If I remember correctly, Ford Think Neighbors came factory with AGM batteries. I also owned a couple of Miles Electric Cars (NEVs) and they also came factory with AGM batteries. They worked great, but were very expensive to replace.
Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 02:24 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
As far as i've read, agm's are not recommended for traction use. They were fine for cars, rv's, boats, motorcycles, but during the loading process in a pack, liquid can get lost throu a build in vent, because voltage of single cells can be different. It is not possible, to add any water to agm batteries. As far as i know, new golfcarts are never equiped with agm batteries by manufacturers..., why?

https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/batteryoptions/

AGM equipped by the manufacturer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:03 AM   #13
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's not a trick, it's a Trojan... oncemore learned, never say never Maybe an option for the future, but the price range for the agm's as seen here is nearby lithium.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:18 PM   #14
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to see someone posted about these Sam's Club batteries. I've also been considering them, looking forward to the review if you take the jump.
InfiniteReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:18 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
It's not a trick, it's a Trojan... oncemore learned, never say never Maybe an option for the future, but the price range for the agm's as seen here is nearby lithium.
I agree, a well built lithium setup would likely be a better investment. But, it will be an expensive one for sure. Skip anything less than 90ah, just please trust me, 'little bitty packs" for cheaper prices wont work out as a good investment in the long run. The trend of "Rebuilders" selling these "lithium carts", with relatively small packs converted in there, it's not good for the industry. It will sour the public by getting sold "shi**y ones".. the ezgo oem ones are pretty good as long as you get 90ah or bigger. Some people will disagree with me on this, but I see no use at all for a 60ah lithium pack (it offers less "real power" than a 4x T-1275 pack). And the t-1275 setup has been shown to be a pile of poopy for people who use these carts to go to & from the course from their homes, then expect to plug a bunch of holes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #16
jskingry
Not Yet Wild

So I get back in my house on March 17-18 (it was rented out for the winter) and will be doing the batteries then. Will report back when it's done, I do not know the exact age of the Trojan's in the cart currently at least 3-4 years old so maybe a fresh set of batteries will even help.
jskingry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO