lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #1
Deltawaterboy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Gas, major exhaust fumes

Exhaust fumes. 2006 gas EZGO. New carburetor and full tune up. Was told there is nothing I can do, all older gas golf carts have exhaust fumes and you just have to deal with it. Is this true? Is there anything I can do? I and passengers get a headache anytime I drive it. Help!
Deltawaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Gas, major exhaust fumes

Exhaust fumes, while are an unavoidable byproduct of a gasoline powered engine, still should not overwhelm you or the passengers.

Can you provide more details on the cart? Is it lifted or stock? Back seat? Do you have an enclosure on it (doors and walls and stuff)? Or just a bag cover in the back? Windshield? How old are the plugs and what kind (brand and model) are they? When they did a tune up did they adjust the valves? How old and what kind of fuel do you run? Old gas stinks way more than fresh stuff...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #3
Deltawaterboy
Not Yet Wild

The cart is completely stock with a windshield and rear seat. No lift. New plugs are NGK not sure of the number. I’m quite certain they didn’t do a valve adjustment. Gas may be a little old. What the cleanest gas you can put in these? There is a VP racing fuel close by.
Deltawaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:00 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltawaterboy View Post
Exhaust fumes. 2006 gas EZGO. New carburetor and full tune up. Was told there is nothing I can do, all older gas golf carts have exhaust fumes and you just have to deal with it. Is this true? Is there anything I can do? I and passengers get a headache anytime I drive it. Help!

Did you notice the comment in red CP. I will let you ask the question.

Did the problem arise after the new carb or was it doing it previously?

In response to your question about clean fuel. Fresh fuel is the answer. If you are using old fuel it will stink. You would have to flush out the tank and fuel lines and refill with fresh fuel. If this is not the issue, i would check the muffler system for leaks, maybe the exhaust/manifold gasket is leaking.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:02 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

No, missed the carb comment.

Ok. Is the new carb oem or aftermarket? Aftermarket carbs tend to either run really lean or pig rich. It’s been said a million times but you’re waaaaaay better off cleaning the oem carb real good than a crappy aftermarket carb.

Can you quantify “a little old”?

Valve adjustment wouldn’t hurt. It may not fix the issue but could potentially contribute to it. Worst case it will save wear and tear on your valves and can make the whole engine run a whole lot better.

Rear seat changes the aerodynamics of the cart and can create a “swooping” bringing air from under the cart up instead of just letting it pass by. Rear windshields are really bad about that...

Worst case scenario you could get some flexible exhaust pipe. Just put it on the end of the muffler and route it out the very very back of the cart instead of inside the right rear wheel. Relocating the exhaust output can change a lot. The flexible stuff is good because you could kinda angle it and try different locations before you secure it permanently.

All that said, I’ve had a lot of gas golf carts. Of many make and models. And I’ve never had a noticeable amount of exhaust fumes on any of them unless it was one that was smoking like a train before I rebuilt the engine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:55 PM   #6
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Start with adjusting the valves. 👍
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO