lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #11
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2004 Yamaha G22? Just purchased, needs oomph. What can I do?

Definitely not a G22... not even close
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #12
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Something is very wrong with this. There is no possible way that's a G22, 100% impossible. So many things wrong, wrong motor type (36v series motor), wrong battery tray, wrong controller type & location wrong brake pedal, wrong steering column, wrong dashboard. This is just things I can see from the pictures, I could tell you lots of other things it will have that a G22 shouldnt.

That cart is one of these three things, a G8, a G14, or a G16. (I'm leaning towards G8, by the look of the tear body, and the back of the F&R switch). This also prevents your cart from being newer than 2001 at best, about 1991 at worst. Your serial number might be under the seat on a vertical bar below the seat hinge points. You got a misrepresented cart.
You are correct. I spoke to Don (and texted him photos) and he immediately pointed out it was not a G22 but a G16 with body of a G22 dropped on top.

The serial number states it is a 1994 model and as you stated, the motor is 36 volts. This was re-confirmed on the motor itself and when removing the batteries and seeing they were 6 volt.

After checking the batteries at a full charge I was only getting 26 volts so I purchased and installed a set of 6 Trojan T-105 6 volts in it yesterday and the cart is now running great. Not fast or anything, it runs as a golf course golf cart should. It has good power up the small slopes/hills around my house and no governor (or braking device) so it gets going when going down them!

The curve that had me (and others) thinking G22 was the 48 Volt Charger mounted on the floor of the passenger seat and the registration that lists it as a 2004.

I also purchased a new variable 36-48 volt quick charger but cannot hook it up yet because I am waiting on the female side of the plug that I will mount in the cart and hard wire to the batteries.

One small mistake on my part. On the rewire, I think I fried the Headlights and Radio harness somewhere, I will have to check for fuses but if that leads nowhere I will probably have to replace the bulbs up front. The tail lights still work though.

All in all, I am now in the cart less than $2500, it runs great but I still need rear roof supports, a roof and windshield. After that (and maybe blinkers) I will be able to get it registered and retitled in my name!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210301_155439.jpg (269.8 KB, 0 views)
copajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your lights are probably expecting 12V - which is two of your 6V batteries in series. Many carts like this just connect the 12V lights across two of the batteries. A better solution is to buy a voltage converter to convert the full pack voltage to 12V. That maintains a balance on your pack.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #14
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
You are correct. I spoke to Don (and texted him photos) and he immediately pointed out it was not a G22 but a G16 with body of a G22 dropped on top.
That's not a G16 or a G22 body. Maybe a 1994 G8
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha