lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #21
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Default Re: Newest Leaf Modules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I think you got a good deal at $1500 for that much capacity. It's a bummer that they are built this way now - the 7S modules will probably be pretty rare.

Yep. Now I need to figure out what BMS to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #22
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Mike, it seems you and I were working in parallel (pardon the pun). I was communicating with BumbleBee also and got the same info, ended up buying the other set of 2 modules. I think they’re going to work nicely. I was looking to extend the range of my current 7 module gen 1 Leaf set up, and as others have pointed out, found that people were asking a lot of money for modules that were only at 50-60 percent capacity, if you could find them at all. More money spent but now I’ll end up with almost four times the available amp/hrs; more capacity that anything else on the market short of an alibaba buy, which I wasn’t comfortable with. I also didn’t like the FET BMS systems that come pre-installed on most of the off-the-shelf solutions because of the discharge limitations. RoyPow’s “P” model batteries look like a possibility but won’t be available for months. Assuming these work out (knock on wood), I’ll have 7 gen 1 leaf modules for sale in the near future.
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #23
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
Mike, it seems you and I were working in parallel (pardon the pun). I was communicating with BumbleBee also and got the same info, ended up buying the other set of 2 modules. I think they’re going to work nicely. I was looking to extend the range of my current 7 module gen 1 Leaf set up, and as others have pointed out, found that people were asking a lot of money for modules that were only at 50-60 percent capacity, if you could find them at all. More money spent but now I’ll end up with almost four times the available amp/hrs; more capacity that anything else on the market short of an alibaba buy, which I wasn’t comfortable with. I also didn’t like the FET BMS systems that come pre-installed on most of the off-the-shelf solutions because of the discharge limitations. RoyPow’s “P” model batteries look like a possibility but won’t be available for months. Assuming these work out (knock on wood), I’ll have 7 gen 1 leaf modules for sale in the near future.

It does appear so. What charger do you currently use for your leaf setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:54 PM   #24
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a Quick Charge 25 amp onboard charger. I went with that because I was looking for a relatively high charge rate with reliability and durability. It’s made in the USA and built like a tank. It’s water resistant and is fully repairable and supported if it ever breaks. The downside is that it’s quite large and weighs at least 30 pounds. It also wasn’t cheap. They custom programmed it for me with my requested voltage and a lithium charge profile. I’ve communicated with them several times after purchasing about various questions and they usually respond to emails within 30 minutes. Google ‘quick charge industrial battery charger’ if you’re interested.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #25
benbern125
Not Yet Wild

Well, Bumblebee listed a few more 3P7S modules on eBay so I took the plunge with you all and purchased two. He did mention that the four units he has recently put for sale, of which I acquired two, are likely the last modules he'll have for the foreseeable future.

I have a Lester Summit Series II, but I'm afraid to use it with the lithium pack given their lack of official support. I purchased a generic 3A-12A adjustable charger that Bumblebee recommended as well as a JBD BMS.

The modules show up next week and BMS/Charger should be here late Feb! This will be my first lithium build. Fingers crossed we get good packs out of these units!
benbern125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #26
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So far I’m impressed. It’s amazing how much more compact the new modules are, and with much greater capacity. Below is a comparison to a 7 module G1 Leaf pack. Not shown is the second module, but I’d say in total the two new packs will be only about 25% larger than a a 7 module G1 setup, with a ~250% gain in capacity. Included were the plugs for the pigtail which are individual cell taps for a BMS. As speculated the last cell references pack positive, thus only 6 wires. I will likely start a new build thread which will document the install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 88B3CB29-DA75-4038-9B47-4ACF03584C28.jpeg (390.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 874A3668-A2EB-4815-BB54-5F8CC3CDBDFF.jpeg (539.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-12-2021, 08:20 AM   #27
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Nice!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #28
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I just ordered the two that were left. These should work well in my 2010 Yamaha that I am rebuilding now. I have a new D&D motor, Alltrax 500 amp controller, new brake parts, and now some good batteries. Cart is in excellent condition other than the motor. Now I need to build another BMS.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:37 AM   #29
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

**** i beat my self to these and purchased the gen 3 modules bumblebee had about a month ago. The size is amazing on these!!! Can't wait to see your results. I heard you can take these apart and add more voltage/capacity and further reduce the overall size / module count.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got my two units of 7S3P from Bumblebee Battery today. They look great. Both were at 3.85V per cell. Now I need to figure out how I will mount them in my Yamaha Drive. Looks like I should run Threaded Rod down through them. I will probably keep them as two separate bricks.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium