lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
MasonRed
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default StarEV B48-K6D Goes Slow in Forward, Normal in Reverse

I have a 2012 StarEV B48-K6D "Bubble" cart that amazingly hasn't rusted away yet. However, it has developed a problem recently where it goes very slowly when in forward, but works normally in reverse.

Other symptoms that might help:

The speedometer says 0 when going forward and the amps indicator lights up with only two bars.

The battery is fully charged according to the meter in the dash.

It had been sitting a while due to "these challenging times".

Any ideas on what may be wrong?
MasonRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 12:04 AM   #2
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: StarEV B48-K6D Goes Slow in Forward, Normal in Reverse

sounds like a speed sensor problem, especially since the speedo is not reporting speed of cart. the controller and speedo uses pulses from the speed sensor to determine the speed of cart. if you can see the controller, there will be a yellow led and it should flash out a code * ***

1,3 SPEED SENSOR FAULT No pulses from speed sensor
1. Speed sensor not connected
2. Speed sensor defective
3. Speed sensor magnet damaged

hope this helps. Regards Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #3
MasonRed
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: StarEV B48-K6D Goes Slow in Forward, Normal in Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
sounds like a speed sensor problem, especially since the speedo is not reporting speed of cart. the controller and speedo uses pulses from the speed sensor to determine the speed of cart. if you can see the controller, there will be a yellow led and it should flash out a code * ***

1,3 SPEED SENSOR FAULT No pulses from speed sensor
1. Speed sensor not connected
2. Speed sensor defective
3. Speed sensor magnet damaged

hope this helps. Regards Phil
Phil, thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately, I did not see a yellow LED on the controller, which is a Curtis 1268-5403. Do I have to press the accelerator in order to see the speed sensor error?

However, when I poked the wires leading to the speed sensor, I'm now able to get up to around 10mph, so it does seem to be an issue with either the speed sensor, or the wires leading to the speed sensor.

Here are some other things that may help with troubleshooting. Since I first posted, I also checked the batteries since they can cause a cart to go slow. However, water levels were fine and they measured 50v with the cart at rest (it's a 48v cart).
MasonRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay