lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2021, 07:13 AM   #11
bradesp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: BigBattery 48v 3.2 Kwh Lion

Adding my request as well to understand how these battery's mount inside the Club Car Precedent...

Also, can you comment on the charger situation? BigBattery says you can use your standard charger... Is that true? Anything about the use of a standard charger worth commenting on?
bradesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2021, 10:00 PM   #12
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattadata View Post
Thanks IRwynn. I found your thread right after I purchased the same pack from BigBattery. Have you learned anything new since your last update?
Looks like they don't ship till March 1st.

One thing I can't tell from their site is how to mount them? Are there any holes or tabs on the boxes? How did you mount them?
So I’m waiting on this exact setup and at this point I’m just strumming my thumbs waiting for that **** email. I did a full resto in my battery compartment to accommodate these two lithium packs. Made everything from scratch besides the buss bars. I know I have the wrong size sb connectors in the photo, I just recently put sb50’s on and I moved all my negotiate load connections down to the output side of the shunt. I can’t wait to see what this thing does with the navitas ac 440 conversion. (The box is the actual size of the battery)
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:01 AM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Nice work. Very clean looking.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #14
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Nice work. Very clean looking.
Thank you. Keep an eye out on (members rides) when I get my batteries (hopefully SOON!) I’m going to do a whole summary on my cart from start to finish. I’ll also review the new lithium setup
Old 03-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #15
afghan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have ordered the same battery kit but I am having second thoughts primarily around the size. The length of each of those is 15.5 inches and I am afraid I'll have to do some modifications to make them fit. From the pictures, it seems that I have the same battery bay like you before you made the mods.
afghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #16
IRwynn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry for the delay been working on other projects. I used a ratchet strap with some foam from the shipping boxes and fed the straps through the bottom of the battery box. They seem pretty stable so I did not feel I had to come up with a more robust mount.
IRwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:11 PM   #17
afghan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Really appreciate if you can post a picture or two when you get a moment. I just want to get an idea how you secured them.

Thanks.
afghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:14 PM   #18
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghan View Post
I have ordered the same battery kit but I am having second thoughts primarily around the size. The length of each of those is 15.5 inches and I am afraid I'll have to do some modifications to make them fit. From the pictures, it seems that I have the same battery bay like you before you made the mods.
I have some custom made mounts that I’d sell to you for a decent price. They go right over the top. I was going to go this route but I changed my mind. Let know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BF82C9B6-8712-45A2-A0C9-0FF15CB25742.jpg (235.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3FD656E0-483B-4A99-B0E2-D688C1BE94C0.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 61E09C58-9524-4FB9-BA0B-C58FAB16A9FD.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #19
coastalkid
Not Yet Wild

I recently bought a BigBattery 48v system. It's supposed to be easy. Just connect the one positive end of the Anderson cable to the positive post on the cart, then do the same for the negative. Well, I've tried a couple of places and can't get it to work.

Does anyone know where I connect the positive and negative ends of the cables to the cart? I have an 04 Precendent IR. Pictures are attached. Or if any one has experience with lithium batteries and retrofitting with Anderson cables.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg positive.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg negative.jpg (158.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg all.jpg (174.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg anderson connection.jpg (144.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg terminal end of Anderson.jpg (212.5 KB, 0 views)
coastalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #20
craig305
Not Yet Wild

I bought this kit (pack of 2 - 48V NMC BDGR)and installed it on my Club Car villager 6 with Navitas motor and controller setup. One of my BigBatteries was not charging, so after I reset the BMS (did not fix) I had to ship it back to them for a replacement. I am a bit concerned as my Lead Acids were doing great, good power and charging nicely. I would drive 12+ miles on them at high speeds and they would never drop below 48V. I upgraded due to all the proclaimed benefits of the Lithium.

Lead connection question - To answer the connection question, the Big Battery anderson connector should have had a positive and negative lead after you place the two in parallel. This would be the same as the positive and negavite leads from your Lead Acid "packs". For my cart one of them had to go through the OBC hole (to monitor charge) to my solenoid (no more battery terminals to connect to) and the B- I believe, to the B - on my controller. I am currently running on one pack until the other replacement gets here. To say I am skeptical is an understatement.

Charging - When I plug in my charger it charges at 24-25 amps for just a few minutes then shuts off as the pack reached full charge. I'm certain this is not good for the batteries, super quick charging. I was hoping it would ease into the charging over time, but it goes full bore and charges it up quick. Will post more when I get the second pack.

Driving - If I go full throttle causing the voltage to drop they BMS will shut down the pack and I have to flip it on and off to get operational again. I'm shocked, and hate to admit this but my lead acids were doing awesome. I hope this is just a blip and the second pack everything will be good. Big Battery customer service has been good, and they even offered to send me a free charger if it still has issues. The only problem there is that if I disconnect the cart to charge, it resets my settings in Navitas. Not a huge deal, but I would like to be able to change the "default" power off settings on my navitas. Will have to check those forums.
craig305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car