lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 07:01 AM   #11
badankle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Roypow 105ah Lithium Battery Converversion Kit Won’t Charge

Looks like the install should not be that difficult. I am wondering about bypassing the OBC too, there seems to be a lot of support here to do that. The inverter is also a job I will have to tackle. Upgrading to a new controller, and a new motor to get peak performance from the Roypow would be step I may take on in the future. Good luck with the charging issue .I may be in the same position soon too , This is all new to me. I am done with lead acid batteries. Thanks again !!
badankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #12
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckaigal View Post
As promised. I had 4 12v batteries. I cut the weld on the one support closest to the passenger frame rail to allow me to shift it further away and bolt the battery mount to it. I cut the center support out of the way. The battery only weighs 100lbs so it won’t require any crazy support. I still have to change out my battery cables to 2/0 and I need to wire in an inverter for my lights, and clean everything up but wanted to get the battery in place and see how it did. I’m fairly confident that I will have to bypass the OBC to get it to charge.
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #13
carothers1104
Not Yet Wild

Was there ever any resolution on this? I am having the same problem with an EZ-Go
carothers1104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium