lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 1992 Columbia Par Car misfiring

So I have posted several issues before.
The starter would keep turning when I took my foot off gas pedal, New solenoid fixed that.
Muffler was blocked, I left full of Awesome cleaner all week, then through a combination of washing out and banging on a workbench I got a tremendous amount of carbon out. Now I can blow through it from my mouth with little resistance.
Previously it would not fire unless I kept the choke on full, I replaced the junk Chinese carb with a Genuine Walbro. Now it runs without keeping the choke on.

It has a new spark plug, new gas and although it runs it misfires really badly and periodically spits oil and air under pressure from between the bottom of the cylinder and the main crankcase. I thought maybe there was still too much back pressure from the muffler. I took the muffler off and tried it again and it still misfires. ( not sure if it was still leaking air/oil from cylinder/crankcase joint.)

It reads 120PSI on compression test

It has a new air pressure gas pump which provides a steady flow of gas back into the tank if you take the gas pipe off the carb. I can try an electric pump tomorrow. It uses pre mixed gas 85:1 mix.

OK guys what am I missing? what do I try next?

Thanks
Littleg15uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
jjup99
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 Columbia Par Car misfiring

Crankcase Seals. I ran through everything and ended up at bad seals.
jjup99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:57 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1992 Columbia Par Car misfiring

You shouldn't be getting any leakage whatsoever near the base gasket which is the space between the cylinder and the case. If you are seeing any leaking there you will need to replaced that gasket for sure. That may well be causing your misfires as that would be causing you to lose vacuum.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar