lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
rpesotski
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 G29 Deceleration Noise

Ok so, since this is my first cart, I'm not sure if this sound is normal or not. In my opinion, it sounds like it is going to fall apart at any moment, however, it just came back from an authorized Yamaha Service Center with 1,500 dollars in repairs to the tranaxle, including, a new motor, new coupler, Bearings and oil seals. I was expecting a smooth, quite ride, and this noise is somewhat annoying. I have read other posts about rear end noises, and a worn out bushing between the motor and the coupler, but in my case this should all be brand new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrC7HAoqvnc

Take a listen and let me know what you think.

Rob
rpesotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 G29 Deceleration Noise

You need to immediately send that back for service warranty. That is unacceptable, far from normal. They quoted you a price to "fix it up, and get it working correctly and quietly", hold them to that quote. The full retail price for a complete new axle is $998, so they got plenty of dough out of you to fix it right. Ok, I checked it further, I guess it went up by $17. Is in stock and available from yamaha. I been working on Drives since 2007, I know what they are supposed to sound like, and I'm certified by Yamaha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180423_214428.jpg (26.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by cgtech; 04-23-2018 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Added more info.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
rpesotski
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your knowledge and advice. I guess I did not tell the whole story.... When I took it in for service, the Mechanic told me that the previous owner had put in "Speed gears" in and as a result, the new motor, or something would not line up properly, so they replaced one of the "Speed gears" with a OEM gear. The Mechanic seems to think that the noise might be because it now has some non-oem speed gears and oem gears. For now much I spent, I should of just got a new transaxle, but I guess we were both unaware that my transaxle had been modified. Before I took it in, the cart would go 22mph now it seems to hover around 18mph without a code installed.

Guess I will just have to live with noisy cart!
Old 04-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you decide to just live with it, it will wreck the gears and it will be transaxle time. Make them fix it right.... High speed gears kit replaces 2 gears in the axle. if they only did 1, because they couldn't get it to fit, find a new shop.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
michaeljon13
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine is making a similar noise on decel. No mods to gears.
michaeljon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
rpesotski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljon13 View Post
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine is making a similar noise on decel. No mods to gears.
No solution yet. I kinda just gave up. Looking for a new shop, but tired of putting money into in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
Gmccullough29
Not Yet Wild

I have a stock 2014 Yamaha G29 48volt. It is making a grinding noise while coasting down hill. I replaced the armature grommet and anti seize and it was fixed for a day and then started back up. I also tried unplugging the Regen brake and it still makes the same noise. The transmission is not a white tag either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gmccullough29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

rpesotski, did you get rid of your speed gears? I'm on the market for a 9:1 set.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #9
rpesotski
Not Yet Wild

Still have not addressed the problem yet. Probably should soon. I afraid if I take them out, my 18mph will go down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
DERK8088
Not Yet Wild

Mines making the same noise only on decel
DERK8088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29 noise, rear differential, rear end
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha