lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #11
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1992 ezgo marathon no spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
If you remove both small wires from coil and spin engine over you should have around around 11 volts on one. Not sure what color wires was on the 93. Maybe white and red ? if so the white one will have the 11 volts when spinning over disconnected from coil. Red wire will have no voltage when not connected if you spin it over.

If all is working correct then when you connect both red and white wire back to coil your meter will read this
White wire connected to minus post on coil should read around 12 volt when spinning over.

Red wire connected to plus post should read around 9 volts when spinning engine over.

I would be checking the plastic connector where your pulser plugs in coming from under fan. Wiggle it.

Also make sure the black wire from ignitor is grounded good. Red wire going to ignitor has power and the orange wire with white stripe is connected good to small terminal on solenoid.
Red wire has 11v, white has .33v when spinning over disconnected... from the ignition coil right?
Golf Cart Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #12
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
If you remove both small wires from coil and spin engine over you should have around around 11 volts on one. Not sure what color wires was on the 93. Maybe white and red ? if so the white one will have the 11 volts when spinning over disconnected from coil. Red wire will have no voltage when not connected if you spin it over.

If all is working correct then when you connect both red and white wire back to coil your meter will read this
White wire connected to minus post on coil should read around 12 volt when spinning over.

Red wire connected to plus post should read around 9 volts when spinning engine over.

I would be checking the plastic connector where your pulser plugs in coming from under fan. Wiggle it.

Also make sure the black wire from ignitor is grounded good. Red wire going to ignitor has power and the orange wire with white stripe is connected good to small terminal on solenoid.
on the post, red wire has 10.4v, white has 1.4v... how do i jnow which post the wires go on?
Old 03-05-2021, 07:22 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Manual shows red to positive - white to negative

Go back and read post number 8 again. I tried my best to explain. The volt numbers you are getting shows its not firing .

If you checked all the grounds and your volt numbers are not like the one I showed on post 8 then your ignotor is probably bad. I took these reading from a running cart.

There is no way to check the ignitor other than swapping it with a known good one.

You might have to go with an aftermarket ignitor if it is bad because the OEM's are getting rare. I have worked on carts that had them installed and they fired.

The number one killer of the ignitor is overcharging . If you get it running make sure the V/R is working meaning no more than 14.5 volts at wide open throttle.

You are also never supposed to arc the plug wire to ground to test for firing. That also could trash the ignitor. Best to use a spark tester.

Hope all this helps some. Good luck
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #14
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

Thankyou for the response, I'll let you know what I find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO