lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car lowering questions

I have a 95 CC 48V that I bought and just installed a new set of Trojans in. From what I have read in the lowered forums, I should be able to use blocks in the rear and flip the front springs, correct?

Next on the agenda: I would like to put 10" steel wheels with the low pro tires on it. What offset do I need for such an application? I'd also like to know where the cheapest place to find the 10" steel wheels is, or does someone have a used set I could buy cheap?

I am definitely trying to do the whole cart on the cheap. It's the standard tan/tan/tan. I've decided to leave the top on it, get a new smoked windshield, put the slam-a-lama on it and cruise it. Eventually I'll paint it, but for now my first wants are the wheels and tires, the drop, and the windshield.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car lowering questions

All club cars have a single front spring. When people flip the springs, were not flipping them upside down, were flipping them end to end, so they arch up rather than arch down. Flipping a spring upside down dosen't work because it pushes the wheels up rather than down. You would end up with catasrophically dangerous handling. To lower a club car in the front, you need to build a different suspension or re-arch the leaf springs so they still provide a spring. You just need to find someone who can rearch springs. if you dont wan't to do that you could build lower control arms, probably with an upper arm bracket and two upper arms, and install some air shocks. this would be cool but probably out of your budget. Your best bet is to find someone to re-arch your springs, and let me know how your build goes.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I appreciate the info. After I made this post, I went out and looked at both ends of the cart. The rear looks like no problem. That's when I discovered the front is going to be much more of a challenge. I did find another post where a guy claims to have used lowered spindles, so I intend to contact that person.

Fabbing a LCA would be an option, but finding either an airbag or an air shock that short might be a major feat. I'm not giving up just yet. If I do git-r-done I'll post pics and let everyone in on it.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

if you can get air shocks look what the ezgo people are using. quinn, hotcat, and terry all use airshocks on their carts, but I don't know how much clearance there is on club cars. If you plan on fabbing you can probably just remount the shocks to make it fit if there isn't enough clearance.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Michael911
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Club Car lowering questions

I'm looking to lower my whole cart, but the place I live in has speed bumps so I'm looking to put an electric lifting kit on it to go over them. But at the moment I just need to lower it so if anyone has done this or knows how to lower it easily, let me know.
Michael911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get some lift kit drop spindles and flip them up side down. You will have to cut and weld the arms fr the drag link and rack and pinion tho......
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

flip the leaf springs and put air shocks under it
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #8
riverracer
Getting Wild
Club Car

You can flip the front spring and lower it.I have a drag cart set up this way and it handles fine even up to 60 mph.You may have a problem with tire clearance with larger wheels and turning.You would have to try it and see.I have seen carts with the back spring fliped also,and some with the rear end mounted to the frame with no springs to get them lower.
riverracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Michael911
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Club Car lowering questions

Hay every one. I have finished lowering my club car, it's 2" of the ground now. I flipped the leaf springs. It's a little hard to flip the rear ones, but some things to keep in mind it to flip the back two at the same time. And when you put it back on upside down attach it to the rear first, that makes less struggle when attatching it to the other side.
Michael911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Michael911: Thanks for the update. How about some pics of the finished product?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!