lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car Clockwise Big Block

Hey everyone. I did some searching and haven't found much on this swap yet. I previously had a Predator 670 mated to a ~1998 rear end in a club car ds. I've driven it for about a year with reverse as forwards and forwards as reverse.
I saw Vegas carts put up a set of ramps for the secondary clutch and snapped up a set and a PTO shaft kit. Well today I finally installed it. Pretty easy install I had to mess with the motor mount/cradle a bit. It is a tight fit, but it's in there. With this kit forward is forward and reverse is reverse. Should be able to do ~32mph vs 21 previously.
Has anyone else done this? Just looking for any pointers to look out for, or if you had problems. I'm going to weld up an exhaust with a friend in the coming days and take it out!

(Sorry for the low quality picture and wiring mess I have a street legal kit on it and haven't cleaned the wiring up yet)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210507_002227457~2.jpg (138.4 KB, 0 views)
BigBlock904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2021, 10:59 PM   #2
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Clockwise Big Block

If y'all would like I can take some better pictures tomorrow. It's hard to see the 2nd PTO shaft on the top of the picture.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'm glad to finally see someone try this. Looks like you might have to cut down that original crankshaft? Is it almost touching the frame there?
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:31 AM   #4
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I’m doing a club car swap and didn’t know about this do u have a link to the kit
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:36 AM   #5
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

No it's just the angle of the picture. It's really close but it's going to fit. Good news is we can run a pretty big alternator off the original shaft if someone wants.

Slonomo, I've read your posts about fixing up the Predator motor. Thanks for writing up so much stuff! Another great thing you can do is add a little 12 volt fuel pump. And add a catch can vs dumping the oil from the case vent into the carb. Since I've done the catch can I don't foul plugs.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:39 AM   #6
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
I’m doing a club car swap and didn’t know about this do u have a link to the kit
It's just the Vegas carts kit. Go on there and read the pink text on their predator kit. They offer an add on to flip it around (basically the clutch ramps and PTO) I purchased just the clutch ramps since I already had the kit.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock904 View Post
No it's just the angle of the picture. It's really close but it's going to fit. Good news is we can run a pretty big alternator off the original shaft if someone wants.

Slonomo, I've read your posts about fixing up the Predator motor. Thanks for writing up so much stuff! Another great thing you can do is add a little 12 volt fuel pump. And add a catch can vs dumping the oil from the case vent into the carb. Since I've done the catch can I don't foul plugs.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #8
kaptaink
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock904 View Post
If y'all would like I can take some better pictures tomorrow. It's hard to see the 2nd PTO shaft on the top of the picture.
I'm not sure if you still visit this site - but I would love to see some pics!
kaptaink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
doo dah
Gone Wild

More pics would be great. I'm going to do this with my EZGO TXT once the 670 prices come down or I find a deal on a used one.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!