lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default madjax genesis fold up rear seat will it fit in pickup?

I have a 2009 RXV, current lenght of cart is 94.5". I have an 8ft pickup, I was looking at the madjax genisis rear seats because the foot rest folds up. Does anybody know if the total length of the cart with this seat folded up is under 96"? As you can see I only have 1.5" of play. I am trying to find a way to have the tailgate closed with the rear seat folded up.

My other options are to put a lift kit bigger tires on cart (which I kind of want to do anyways), plus wheel blocks under rear golf cart tires to get rear seat above tailgate.

Or remove the tailgate all together.

Just thinking of options.

Thanks
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: madjax genesis fold up rear seat will it fit in pickup?

The RHOX 500 Series seat kits also have a folding foot platform. But I'm not sure of the measurements for length.

I'd venture that it's definitely going to be more than 1.5" with either product.
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
tracetrimble
Not Yet Wild

If you have a Chevy, you can hook the tailgate support cables over the latch studs. It will hold the tailgate in a ~45º position.
tracetrimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an RXV with the Madjax genesis 250 seat. Cart is 100+ inches with foot rest up and the bottom of the seat extends that far also. 28" from ground to bottom of back seat with 21" tires (no lift). I mention this in case you were considering the option of removing the foot rest for travel. Tailgate may still not close.
Star EV makes a rear seat with a fold up foot rest that looks considerably thinner than the Madjax. They make versions of this seat for EZGO TXT and RXV. Also Club Car and Yamaha. Don't know anyone with one so you'd have to see it at a Star dealer if you have one nearby. I'm pessimistic but from pictures it looks possible, sort of, maybe.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Assuming you want tailgate closed so you can haul camper, ect. Before getting my toy hauler would put my txt with factory rear seat in 6.5 truck bed and use a ratchet strap to hold tail gate closed at a50-60* angle at the point where tailgate would hit rear bumper.
I made a removable rear foot rest that gave me extra clearance. It cleared hitch and tongue jack fine. Towed a camper and cart for years like that. 10’ foldable Titan ramps to load and unload.
As long as back wheels are in bed so no weight in on tailgate will be fine.

Removing tailgate solo on a 250 was not an option but seen it done to haul cart and camper.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #6
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not an EZGO in the pictures (did the same mod on two EZGO's) but this worked in my Chevy 8' box pickup. Tailgate closed while it was in there. This was a standard cheapie seat that I cut and welded a couple inexpensive hinges to. I fabbed the folding sides from some bar stock aluminum. Worked out great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat1.jpg (217.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg seat2.jpg (194.3 KB, 0 views)
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracetrimble View Post
If you have a Chevy, you can hook the tailgate support cables over the latch studs. It will hold the tailgate in a ~45º position.
This is the same trick I use on my 2006 Ford F250. Works great!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO