lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #21
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 89 Carryall Lifan swap

Cart looks good d, I love the winch. Where’d you get it? I was thinking about putting one on mine. I also want to mount an LED light bar on the bumper, and maybe an alley spot light on the door frame😏
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2022, 09:34 PM   #22
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

D13BB8C6-1CE0-48AD-8458-8DB0FCAB1B9B.jpg

CE9380AF-C28A-427D-8B29-E4C49B455741.jpg

Well, it took almost a year because I’m a snowbird and my cart resides in the south and I reside in the north for 8 months of the year, but my yamaha muffler was finally adapted to my Carryall Lifan swap. I had to cut off the heat shield and cut the flanged inlet pipe out of the muffler and turn it 90 degrees and then put a flange on the end of the VC header pipe, but other than that, no mods were required. It’s really quiet an only restricts performance slightly, but it’s worth the trade off for the lack of noise. Plus I was able to use the original mounting bracket big C clamp by spreading it out some and adding a longer bolt to the clamp. The basic swap is done. Anything else will be performance enhancers.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #23
firedan21
Getting Wild

nice job on the swap. Im in the process of doing same on a G2. Do you know what size bolt goes in the crankshaft to hold clutch on
firedan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:44 AM   #24
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedan21 View Post
nice job on the swap. Im in the process of doing same on a G2. Do you know what size bolt goes in the crankshaft to hold clutch on
I probably did when i bolted the clutch onto the motor Dan, but I don’t remember what it is now. Other than it being metric obviously.
Sorry.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #25
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

According to the VC parts set it is a 3/8 nf 24 X 3.5"s Just check it with my craftsman thread chasers on a spare VC crank and that is indeed correct.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:20 AM   #26
firedan21
Getting Wild

thats what it is i just went thru some bolts thank you
firedan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:43 PM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Very cool job on the muffler, those factory mufflers are very high quality. It's amazing that a 1.5" inlet and 3/4" outlet doesn't affect performance drastically, maybe because the engine is stock?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #28
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Very cool job on the muffler, those factory mufflers are very high quality. It's amazing that a 1.5" inlet and 3/4" outlet doesn't affect performance drastically, maybe because the engine is stock?
Could be Slo. I had the original Carryall muffler on it last year temporarily and it was a couple miles an hour faster before the rev limiter kicked in but it wasn’t dramatic. I was more attracted by the Yamaha muffler being stainless and of a similar diameter to the original (minus the heat shield) allowing me to use that OEM rubber mounted factory camp. Plus its fairly quiet. Do these clone motors work any better with back pressure?
Old 02-23-2022, 06:09 PM   #29
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Does yamaha use a different muffler on their 402? If not the displacements are pretty close
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:12 PM   #30
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I haven't noticed that backpressure was an issue good or bad on these engines. Usually the exhaust is so short that it won't really build any backpressure. Your setup might. Most of the setups I've used were free flowing and they ran really good.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps