lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
jwgoad
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default 3D printers

For you guys that have 3D printers, I'm looking for input on a good "middle-of-the-road 3D printer??
In other words, my 12 year old wants one, but if I'm going to get one I want to be able to use it for dune buggy & golf-cart projects as well.
jwgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3D printers

Google will yield the best results.
I just searched best 3d printer under $500 and came with a bunch. You can also search 3d printer under $500 review to read the pros and cons of various models.
I have an early AiO. It is capable but there have been a lot of advancements made and the price has come down since the DaVinci was made. GLWTS
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an Ender 3 that has been great and it’s 3-4 years old or so. I have friends with newer ones with bigger beds and they have also enjoyed them. Easy to set up and use with good quality prints.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 PM   #4
jwgoad
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Below is some great info someone posted in another group so I thought I would share it here in case anyone else is interested.

"I've actually done quite a bit of research into this. I have used a dozen different printers over the last decade. My favorite is my makerbot replicator 5, because it's big and very easy to use, but it has limitations which led me to search for others. My recommendation is FlashForge Adventurer 3 (lite or regular). (Also sold as monoprice voxel) Here's why:
1) Heated bed allows using more materials than an open style
2) Enclosed printer means you're less likely to accidentally damage the print head, and since the bed is heated, the enclosure is also heated- which makes for better adhesion.
3) 'lite' model does not have Wifi, so you transfer with a thumbdrive.. I like the convenience of Wifi, but you save a few bucks if you go lite. (Truth be told though, I bought a 'lite' and it still has Wifi.. not sure if that's an error or not)
4) Buy from Amazon so you have their backing if it doesn't work right
-You'll want to look into PEI sheets regardless of the printer, they make a huge difference in part adhesion.
-Most 3D printers come with their own slicer, which is generally adequate, but I suggest you also look into Simplify3D if you want total control of everything. It will generate the right format file for virtually every 3D printer.. then you can load it in the slicer that came with the printer, or transfer to printer via thumbdrive/SD card.
For car parts, if you print in ABS you don't have the same temperature limitations you have with PLA, and you can acetone vapor smooth the parts to make them look nice and clean. Attached picture is a bike part I designed/printed with vapor smoothed ABS."
No photo description available.
· Reply · Share · 2d
Jeremy Smith
https://www.amazon.com/FlashForge.../dp/B07TYRGWSQ
FlashForge - 3D-FFG-ADV3 Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer
AMAZON.COM
FlashForge - 3D-FFG-ADV3 Adventurer 3 Lite FDM 3D Printer
jwgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
badmag71
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a Lulzbot Taz 6 , an Ender 3 Pro and an Ender 3 pro v2 that I print with, the Enders are a really good budget printer and yields great results
badmag71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:41 AM   #6
irishrebel92
Not Yet Wild

I know this is a month old post, but the best thing you can do when getting your first printer is not getting one that cost more than $250-$300. the only features you should be concerned about are build volume, if it has an automatic leveler, and if it has a heated bed. even then you can live without the last one if your not going to print in ABS. (which you might want to since it's a higher impact plastic)

I bought a Kossel delta printer clone for $220 off of Gearbest.com and it serves 85% of my needs. it's super fast and makes high quality parts.
irishrebel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center