lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Building new seats from scratch

Now you are ready for welting to put in the seams. I did a few sets like that. You just get the plastic welt bead and fold a 1- 1.5" piece of vinyl onto it and sew that in your seam. Welting can be a contrasting color too. You tube probably has lots of videos on this sort of thing. Looks like fun.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #12
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Scottyb,
The color match is not perfect but it will do.
I am already moving and shaking, the rear seat back has to go on first (due to the way I made it fit) so naturally i completed that one first. My corners are not great but I don't trust I could get a double bevel correct. So I just went ahead and got it on there.
1 Down 3 to go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2427.jpg (87.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2428.jpg (167.8 KB, 0 views)
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #13
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Started out this morning with a clear head, was going to attempt a box on the rear seat base and if successful remove the seat that is mounted, dismantle and add a box there too. The key factor here is I am not using new foam, I am reusing old. This creates a couple of issues. There is little chance I am going to get a corner stitch or box correct because the foam bevels both front to back and side to side. so once again I Just folded the corners as best I could trying to make them match.
The rear seat is done. Now onto the hard ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2429.jpg (135.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #14
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Done with the seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2431.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2432.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2433.jpg (141.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2434.jpg (91.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2435.jpg (257.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:13 PM   #15
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Few more..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2436.jpg (238.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2438.jpg (209.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2439.jpg (280.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2440.jpg (272.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2441.jpg (279.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:26 PM   #16
morvolts2
Gone Wild

A trick I use to make the vinyl more compliant is to put it in a pillow case and place in the dryer.
Get it nice and toasty and it is a lot easier to work with.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:09 AM   #17
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Wow. I didn't check this thread for a few days and came back to find you were finished!! You did a very nice job!! Yes, corners can be a problem. As long as you are happy with the result that's what matters.
I like the seam you did on the front seat corners and can see how it eliminated the problem with the angle cut of the foam.
That cart makes me smile every time I look at it. It's just too cute. I know you will hate the word "cute", but I bet your wife will agree with me.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:21 AM   #18
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes I am quite happy with the results, I will always look at it and see where I maybe could have done better, But that is just me...
The wife and both of my adult children were posting those pics all over social media.
They cant wait for Camping season to start up again.
The front seat bottom Came out way better than I expected, I watched a few Youtube videos to make sure I had an idea of how. I test fit, then cut away the material and looked at it saying "oh god this will never work" Sewed the seams anyway and much to my surprise when I put the foam in it fit just about perfect. Yes there was a little happy dance. Cute is not a four letter word for me I think that is what attracted us to this cart. It is very different and definitely a one of a kind with what I did to the rear section.
The final touches are... adding a small amp and speakers the kind you would put on a motorcycle that runs off your phone or iPod (friend gave me a cheap set he had that was not loud enough for his bike) but should do just fine on a quiet electric cart. Add a couple USB Charging ports. Order the wheel/tire combo. And I need to make a couple adjustments to the front end lift that I fabricated, I welded everything back together so it measured right to the frame and that was wrong so if I align it now it will dog track a few inches. I need to cut it back apart and measure it to the rear and re-weld.
Pic of the wheel tire I picked out. I just hope the 21" tires don't screw me out of power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheels.jpg (99.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop