lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
csimpson
Not Yet Wild

Default Pug Wilderness 570 Brakes

Does anyone know of a source for brakes on a Pug Wilderness 570? Mine have been iffy for a while and are now completely shot. I took it in to a shop and the guy searched the world over and found a place with complete replacement assemblies. However, they are $750 for the pair. That seems like a lot.

Interestingly, my nephew drove it and manage to snap the accelerator cable. So the brakes no working isn't too much of a problem right now since it won't move. I need a good source for an accelerator cable as well.
csimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Pug Wilderness 570 Brakes

What place did your mechanic find? And do you just need the brake shoes, or all the parts? I replaced the brake shoes and an axle seal on mine a couple years ago.

Let me look and see if I can find the site where I bought my parts.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Contact the people here. Frog Pond Manufacturing. I think they bought out all the parts when the builder of the Pug went out of business.

They were very helpful too me in getting my parts to me, although the price was a bit high in my mind, still not bad since they are the only ones carry some of the parts. I'm sure others will interchange, but I'm not sure how to figure out how to cross reference them.

Good luck in your search........ Is yours a 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
csimpson
Not Yet Wild

Mine is a 4 wheel drive.
I am not sure which supplier the repair guy found. I thought he told me someone in TN. I see that Frog Pond is in KY, so maybe that is who he found and I misheard.

He thinks I need the complete assemblies replaced. I assume that means drums, shoes, springs, etc....

This unit was purchased by my wife's ex boyfriend and abused and left in the snow in VT for years before I ended up taking it over to keep from her credit getting dinged since he quit paying the bills.

It lives in GA now and isn't abused quite as bad.

I will try calling Frog Pond today.
csimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like you have one just like mine. Mine is 4 wheel drive as well. 5 lug wheels and front end like on a polaris ATV.

Mine has an 18hp Briggs and Stratton engine in it as well.

The front end in mine wasn't working when I bought it. I did find a good deal on a unit from a member here that fit that and hooked up the same.

I did try to find brake shoes that looked the same as mine when I replaced them, hoping too find some that cost less but it's hard to tell by just pictures.

Good luck in your hunt, I know how frustrating it can be, but you will find what you need eventually.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
PugPA
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know where I can purchase a front steel wheel? Tire size is AT23x 8-10
PugPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pug 570
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!