lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Default Holy horrible handling, Batman!

2010 Precedent
All Sports 6-inch Double A-Arm
Williamson rear seat kit
Heavy Duty rear springs SPN-1023
Unknown age Monroe shocks with dry-rotted bushings
23x10.5-12 tires at 25psi

I took my cart out for its maiden hunting voyage last night. Two adult riders, 200 lbs each. The ride quality is bad. Like, unconscionably bad. As in, “no one should ever have suggested this was a good idea” bad. It’s so stiff and rough, I’m sore all over today. Gonna go ahead and cancel my dentist appointment scheduled for next week—my fillings have already rattled out.

90% of my hunting will be just me in the cart, or me plus one passenger, so that's the focus. I don't want the cart to spec'd so that it's unusable with 4 passengers, but I have to do something about the off-road ride quality with 1 or 2. The large majority of my terrain is hard-packed ranch roads, but I also travel over (apparently) very rocky ground. My 17-year-old Z71 with a quarter million miles on the OEM shocks handles this like butter, but on the golf cart it's nigh impassable. What should I be looking to change in an effort to improve this?

Swap out the rear spring for a dual action spring? Stock spring?
Long travel kit upfront?
Different tire pressure?
Replace or upgrade shocks?

HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts