lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #11
carman603
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 gas drive 2

Took the switch apart and cleaned. After a week or so; still have the intermittent condition.
carman603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2021, 06:36 AM   #12
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Confirm that you do not hear the solenoid click when you press the accelerator pedal.
Also check the plug going in to the back of the key switch. I have had this pull out.

If the key switch plug is good and you do not hear the solenoid click, replace the pedal switch.

If you do hear the solenoid click but the starter doesn't turn, then we take a different direction.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Confirm that you do not hear the solenoid click when you press the accelerator pedal.
Also check the plug going in to the back of the key switch. I have had this pull out.

If the key switch plug is good and you do not hear the solenoid click, replace the pedal switch.

If you do hear the solenoid click but the starter doesn't turn, then we take a different direction.
You can either jump or ohm the pedal switch for continuity when you press it to determine if it is the issue before you replace it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #14
carman603
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations. I disassembled the start/stop switch, cleaned and lubed with a quality lube. Hoping for the best!

NOTE: I reread this thread and my problem is not exactly as the 2017's. Sorry, that this added to the problem. When the interment condition occurs, the stater will engage and the cart will move forward on the power from the battery. To start the engine; I have to several times flash the pedal. If that does not make the engine fire, I must turn the ignition switch off then on. Any ideas? THANKS
Old 10-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

It sounds like your start micro is energizing the solenoid to turn the motor but the stop or grounding micro is not opening to allow spark
Pull your plug when this happens and check for spark, or use a spare plug.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #16
carman603
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, Where is this micro located? What does it look like?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha