lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #1
QuadRAGIN
Not Yet Wild

Default Forward Reverse Issue

I have a 99 TXT Lifted running a Polaris 330 Quad motor, lately the cart will not shift between forward and reverse without rocking the cart back and forth, wondering if its time to rebuild the rear end/diff/tranaxle whatever its called...
If so is there a limited slip kit for these, I see in these forums that there are different gear ratios, IDK what's in mine, a little more top end would be nice.

Thanks
QuadRAGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward Reverse Issue

Sorry I can't help you but someone else should chime in for ya, I like the idea of a Quad motor in there. Got any pics of that bad boy? We like pics
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward Reverse Issue

On the front of the transaxle, there is a input post that attaches to the gear shift cables. Assuming it is the original shift mechanism, there will be two cables that push/pull and rotate the input post. If you disconnect the bracket that holds the cables, try rotating the input shaft in each direction. Should be easy to change gears. Might need to move the cart a tiny bit to get it into gear. If all works fine there, it is likely the cables stretched and the springs need adjustment. The manual is available in the tech section, and it explains how to adjust them. They can be a bit finicky.

As for the gears, look in the gas EZGO sticky's, you will find one on High Speed Gears. The original gear ratio is listed in that thread somewhere, and it explains how to go about swapping out the stock gear to a high speed gear. As for which gear set you want, that depends on how you use your cart, and how much HP/torque you have available to drive them. I went 8:1 with a 22 HP Predator, and it will pull the front wheels, and get over 40 MPH. Need to be careful not to overrev it as it has no governor, and it gets to 4,000 rpm quick.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO