lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Post trademark carts 6" A-Arm Lift kit

I have a 1996 Club Car DS that i am wanting to lift. My question is: does anyone have this 6" A-Arm lift installed on their cart, and how does it perform? I am mainly going to be using this at a campground which has gravel, dirt, and asphalt roads. No serious off-roading here. I have found a kit on Trademark Carts for 199.99 free S&H. Would just like to hear a little feedback. I hope i posted this in the right section, this is my first (of many) posts.

Thanks for all the help
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2013, 03:22 AM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: trademark carts 6" A-Arm Lift kit

I would try the site sponsors here. The cheap metal block lift doesnt hold up and needs alot of bracing... Jakes or Allsports are a couple to think about... Hope this helps
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I recently bought the 6" allsports super sport lift, havnt been able to install yet but the unit seems very solid. I purchased from a site sponser and shipping time was great. Check out CPP under site sponsers, great people. I would also recommend buying a rear bushing kit just so you don't get it tore apart and find you need it.
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the Info. I was actually thinkin to myself, that would be a great time to replace worn out bushings.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
tjb406
Gone Wild
Club Car

Trademark cart are a site sponser . I just installed their 6 inch kit on my 97 cc havent been able to drive it yet though because i am also going from electric to gas. And it comes with new leaf springs and new bushings for them. I dident have any problems with the install except it looks like my shocks are too short for the new mounts.
tjb406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I bought the same 6" lift that iKAB has, for my '87 (see signature). Good quality lift. I also replaced my old, destroyed leaf spring bushings.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not to get off the subject of lifts, but regarding the bushings and such. Are there any bushings that need replaced in the front end? Or does the lift have them?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

My double a-arm lift (the Allsports lift) and I believe the Jake's lift replace the entire front suspension except for the shocks and shock bushings, so you get all new stuff whether you need it or not.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

The reason I went with the allsports super sport lift was they claimed it gave the front suspension 4" of travel. I don't do offroading or hill climbing but just riding around my yard was bumpy as hell. I didn't go with heavy duty rear leafs for that reason, I will have no rear seats and want a softer ride.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I did just get these in the mail today. Ordered them from trademark carts, they had the best prices on 14" wheel and tire packages and had it shipped to me in 2 days from purchase.

Tags
6" a-arm lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts