lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #31
cartboy
Gone Wild

Default re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

No, not pricey compared to what else is out there.
- - - - - -
I asked the EZGo guy if he could not just leave some new solenoids and we could put them on as carts fail.

I am accustomed to dealing with such things . . . GPS failures, charger failures, etc.

No. A warranty thing.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #32
dougmcp
Gone Wild

If all they have been doing is replacing solenoids, it doesn't appear to be a brake issue unless the brake is solenoid controlled. Got a wiring diagram?
What does the solenoid control?
What was happening with the solenoids, coil failing or high amp contacts failing or welding closed?
Is the new solenoid different? In what way? Higher rating, different manufacturer? Where are the old solenoids made? Brand/Rating? Where do the ones ones come from? Brand/Rating?
Maybe post up some photos of the old and the new solenoids.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #33
cartboy
Gone Wild

Anyone see all that flying right over my head?

I'm just repeating what I'm hearing, stuff like heavy duty, E Z Go developing a new one, are these the new ones or just what they could get to you?

When it comes to design, electronics, mechanics, etc., I don't know know ---- from Shinola, nor to I have an inclination in that direction.

I do know if that's all you're doing, and you're driving 100-plus miles to do it, I could be doing it for you. You can train a monkey to do stuff, and they don't to know why.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #34
cartboy
Gone Wild

I did not work the 17th, but when I went in yesterday, the 18th, there were three more carts up against the wall. I did not work today, so I'll see tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #35
cartboy
Gone Wild

We now have 5 carts out of 60 out of service with the brake problem,
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #36
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it just me, or is this getting a bit tiresome? We have RXV's all over Dallas and don't have an issue. We all understand your fleet is having problems. What good is it every day to report how many are broke? Let us know what you did to FIX them. Let us know that the ones that have been upgraded are OK or not OK.

Sorry, my 2 cents, again

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #37
dougmcp
Gone Wild

It's not just you.
I asked the questions a week ago and all I got was an answer that said "I don't know sh*t from shinola, nor to I have an inclination".
At that point I just considered the source and moved on to other posts.
Once these get into the used marketplace we will take a swing at them at that time.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
cartboy
Gone Wild

One thing you can count on on the Internet is that folks say stuff they would not say in person.

Said another way, on the Internet no good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry my knowledge and ability to report does not match some's expectations. But at least I'm trying.

Early on in this thread it was established that I am the first to report this problem. I came here assuming those here would be much more knowledgable than me, so y'all could give me answers. not the other way around.

I have gone as far as to establish that EZGo acknowleges there is a problem and is doing whatever they are doing to try to resolve it.

Tomorrow EZGo is supposed to be coming by to do whatever they do. If anyone would like to prepare tech questions, I will ask the rep if he wants to answer them, if I remember to check here before I head in.

Some of the ones they have fixed have failed again and some have not. The one that they replaced the brake assembly on did not work immediately, which I reported.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #39
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
One thing you can count on on the Internet is that folks say stuff they would not say in person.

Said another way, on the Internet no good deed goes unpunished.

Early on in this thread it was established that I am the first to report this problem. I have gone as far as to establish that EZGo acknowleges there is a problem and is doing whatever they are doing to try to resolve it.

Tomorrow EZGo is supposed to be coming by to do whatever they do. If anyone would like to prepare tech questions, I will ask the rep if he wants to answer them.

Some of the ones they have fixed have failed again and some have not. The one that they replaced the brake assembly on did not work immediately, which I reported.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #40
cartboy
Gone Wild

Although I may not use exactly the right words to please everyone, I am going to continue, for the greater good, that being that someone may be having the same problems we are, or they will, and they may use a search engine to try to find the answer, like I did, and it may lead them here.

Let me take a breath!

EZGo did come by today, to switch out the solenoids in our entire fleet. I did my best to get the technical explanation some seem to need, and it goes like this.

Why, yes, the magnetic auto-brake is run by electricity, and when the solenoid fails the electricity stops. Period. (That was said to me in the tone of what could be more obvious than that?)

Unexpectedly, I got the additional explanation of when you buy parts from a crappy supplier without checking out their claims, you get crappy parts. What we're putting on now is the good stuff.

Hopefully I will have nothing further to report than it worked.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO