lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2021, 11:03 PM   #1
pNutPutterGolfTime
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2017 RXV pause before brake lock

It could be user error (maybe I'm letting off the brake too soon after stopping) but when I come to a complete stop and let off the brake to either get out or just chill...there is a pause before the brake lock kicks in and the cart will roll slightly and then lock up causing a jerky stop. I don't think anything internally / mechanically has been changed on the cart...does anyone know if this is pretty common for there to be a slight delay before the brake locks?
pNutPutterGolfTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2021, 04:45 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV pause before brake lock

Yes, there is a slight delay until the parking brake engage. On non flat ground you should hold the pedal a little longer...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:00 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Holding the brake pedal while stopped is doing nothing. Once you release the gas pedal, the motor will bring the cart to a stop and hold it under all conditions including on an incline. In fact, you can actually step off the cart just before it fully stops and the cart will stop completely and set the parking brake automatically within a foot or two, incline or level. I do it all the time.
There is a delay from the time the cart actually stops to when the brake is engaged. This is normal. On mine it is less than 2 seconds. You can hear it engage (set). Again, during this delay, the motor is holding the cart in place and there is no reason to touch the brake pedal or even stay on the cart.
CAVEAT: IF you are on an incline and you turn the key off during that delay between stopping and the parking brake engaging, the cart will roll slightly (jerk) until the brake engages. This will happen if you are stepping on the brake pedal or not. The solution is to wait just a second before turning the key off until you hear the brake engage (click) when on an incline.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:31 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
There is a delay from the time the cart actually stops to when the brake is engaged. This is normal. On mine it is less than 2 seconds. You can hear it engage (set). Again, during this delay, the motor is holding the cart in place and there is no reason to touch the brake pedal or even stay on the cart.
I think you're right, the pedal works as long as the motor is spinning only but what i've noticed several times when driving into the trailer and stopping on the ramps, the motor won't really hold it and it's rolling back. Instinctively you're pressing the brake pedal... to avoid that shock every time, i'll go with a second (disc) brake in the near future
Old 07-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
I think you're right, the pedal works as long as the motor is spinning only but what i've noticed several times when driving into the trailer and stopping on the ramps, the motor won't really hold it and it's rolling back. Instinctively you're pressing the brake pedal... to avoid that shock every time, i'll go with a second (disc) brake in the near future
Never experienced that with Curtis or Danaher carts.
I imagine if you press the brake hard enough it will engage the brake like in a panic stop even if the cart isn't rolling. Not sure how to prove that one way or the other but you shouldn't need to do that.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What i've described is a very special situation, in 4 years driving on public roads there wasn't any problem with braking at all, i love it...! And i've never had to test the panic stop :) The enclosed picture is showing what i'm talking about.
Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191004_135258.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, special case. The cart with no canopy, windshield or back seat is a clean look. I like it. Rarely see anything like it where I am.

Note: I lived in Germany awhile back. Bitburg- in the Eifel near Belgium.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO