lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default True or False: 2021+ Onwards are set at speed code 4 from the factory...

This is what I was told when I requested a new Onward be updated to SC4. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks,
Ray
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: True or False: 2021+ Onwards are set at speed code 4 from the factory...

From Golf Cart Report:

"Here are the speed codes for the Club Car

Speed Code 1 = 8 Mph
Speed Code 2 = 11 Mph
Speed Code 3 = 14.7 Mph
Speed Code 4 = 19.7 Mph
Speed Code 5 = 21+Mph

Club Car usually comes in stock with the lowest speed code."

What speed do you currently achieve?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: True or False: 2021+ Onwards are set at speed code 4 from the factory...

This is a new cart I'm closing on. I have always had the dealer set my CCs to SC4 when I purchase. On this new cart I made the same request and was told that all new Onwards are automatically set to 4. I'm trying to verify if this is correct, I have my doubts.

Best,
Ray
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
This is a new cart I'm closing on. I have always had the dealer set my CCs to SC4 when I purchase. On this new cart I made the same request and was told that all new Onwards are automatically set to 4. I'm trying to verify if this is correct, I have my doubts.

Best,
Ray
All new carts are required to run less than 19.9 mph. Anything above that and it becomes an LSV and must be registered, tagged and insured.

I would say see what speed you can achieve and then you'll be able to go from there. I "think" I read where all new PTV carts are set at the max of 19.9.

Carts sold to golf courses are set for the course requirements of 8, 11 or 14 whichever is ordered. These are not considered to be PTV's.

Of course please understand I've been wrong a few times before. Quite a few!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:20 AM   #5
JohnP3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2021 Onward (non-lifted stock, so far...). According to IOS app "Speedometer", it travels at about 19.5 max.

Hope this helps.
JohnP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I have a 2020 onward and just got a second 2021. I requested speed code 4 and the dealer did it prior to delivery but it didn't come already done from the factory. Never heard that before. They tell me they do it upon request.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car