lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
Roy Beaty
Not Yet Wild

Default I killed my controller :(

A piece of wire fell across A1 and F1 while I was out cleaning up trash. I had to tow the cart home. Blew Q12, Q13, and the 2 MP915 resistors. I built this cart on a budget and now don't know what to do.
Anyone know where i can get a reasonably priced replacement?

Club Car AC0133. SX controller IC3654H4D222C2.
Roy Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: I killed my controller :(

Other than looking for a used controller I would recommend contacting David at Revolution Golf Cars. He will talk to you about your needs and offer options. Heck, he might even have a used controller that he could sell you, if you were to decide to go that route.

You won't find anyone with more knowledge about Club Cars and his customer service is second to none! He is also a site sponsor.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #3
Roy Beaty
Not Yet Wild

I got a controller from a friend. He says it was working when he removed it from the cart. My controller is a IC3645SH4D222C2. His is a IC3645SH4D222C5. Last number is only difference.
After i installed it, cart still does not run.
Battery voltage, 49.5v Motor resistance looks OK.

In Forward: When i press accelerator pedal, the solenoid clicks on-off very quickly on the way down. i see 49.5 volts on solenoid for just an instant. Then when i let off pedal, solenoid clicks again when pedal switch opens. this repeats every time i press pedal. no voltage from controller outputs when solenoid clicks.
Neutral: Solenoid only clicks when pedal is let off.
Reverse: Only on first press, solenoid behaves like forward. Subsequent presses, it behaves like neutral.

Wiring harness is slightly different. It has this Lester adapter.
Will my harness work? or do i need to rewire with the other harness?

Thanks for any help. Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lester adapter.jpg (90.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:39 PM   #4
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

The AC serial number indicated the dreaded Regen cart. Odd ducks and one year stuff. BBBHC is right you need to talk to David at Revolution Golf Cars. He is the Club Car expert here and if anyone can help you it is him.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #5
Roy Beaty
Not Yet Wild

Revolution recommended replacing with an aftermarket controller. If I have to do that, I will replace the entire cart.
My controller is IC3645SH4D222C2.
A friend gave me a very similar controller, IC3645SH4D222C5. (last # different)
Here's what I found so far.
wiring between controllers only differs by F/R switch and speed sensor. Im not using the speed sensor anyway.
my cart has a SPDT switch. His controller uses a DPDT switch. the wiring harness was cut so I cannot determine how the F/R switch was powered. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this type controller? one that uses a DPDT switch?
attached is a list of wire pinout of both controllers. I cannot tell if switch uses hot or ground for the common side of each switch.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ClubCar AC0133 2001 Regen Controller Pinout.pdf (76.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you look here https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=924

There are a couple different wiring diagrams.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:09 PM   #7
Roy Beaty
Not Yet Wild

Thanks KGSC.
I had looked through them before but I looked again at your suggestion, I found post #13, REGEN 1 diagram looks like the wiring harness. It has a DPDT switch with same colors. The harness he gave me has an adapter made by Lester that adapts a 14 pin rectangle plug to the 23 pin plug. Maybe to use a Regen 2 controller on a REGEN 1 cart???
Appears that the switch is referenced to NEG instead of Pos 48vdc like my harness. I will remove wires from switch and test tonight.
Roy
Old 06-18-2021, 03:20 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

From looking at those diagrams it looks like both use pack positive for the center of the fnr switch
Old 06-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
Roy Beaty
Not Yet Wild

pic is blurry. The harness has black and blue used for Reverse. Blue goes to controller but black is just hanging out of loom. has a ring lug for solenoid but don't know + or -. Diagram looks like Black goes to NEG.
Forward goes to +48V.
Also the MCOR wiring may be different. Still investigating.
found this post. it shows the adapter.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...t=regen+wiring
Old 06-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

123 is across the bottom front. 456 is across the back. Looks like Blue, Red/White, and White are the front 3. 4 is Orange and 5 is Black. Or at least that is what I read.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car