lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 08:39 AM   #1
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need help Id my new carts

Went to pickup the black workhorse over the weekend for 500, ended up bringing them both home. It originally had a 350, i have it but its locked up. He swapped the green ones engine in and its the 295. I had it briefly driving around the yard, but the throttles still not set up.
What exact model and engine is this? I think its a 2007 so that would be the mci engine right?
I was looking into the clutch machining, shorter belt and govornor adjustment, Are there any other mods for the engine/clutch could i do to help with the speed/torque thats not to expensive?
optikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help Id my new carts

PXL_20210801_195629496.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr
I thought i had more picture, ill have to take some more
Old 08-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Show us a picture of the engine that's now in the black one.
Before you go to spending money upgrading the driven clutch or shorter belt check the compression .

The black one came with a MCI if its the model you say it is. I can't tell about which engine was installed in it now but a nice close up under the seat and dump body should tell us what we need to know to assist you in getting it running better.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

PXL_20210817_223158755.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

heres the engine that originally came in the back one. Its locked up, and im pretty sure its the rods that are locked.

PXL_20210817_223228134.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

PXL_20210817_223219342.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

PXL_20210817_223053533.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

heres whats in it now

the black ones missing th badges but heres the badge on the green one
PXL_20210817_223140858.MP by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

So I got it running. it has 175 psi in both cylinders. Adjusted the valves, new plugs and air filter. Finished swapping the engine. The last guy couldnt figure out the throttle cable. I got the cables on and im pretty sure they are adjusted right. with the governor tightened all the way it does about 19. doesnt sound like its reving all that high and it doesnt have much power, but It definitely needs a drive belt, and clutch work. the 295 clutch was sticky and the weights didnt want to move well. I pulled it, and the 350 one. the 350 one feels better except for the 1/4" groove wore into it where the belt rubs at slow speed. The front tires are full of water, and the hitch has been modded so id say it was ran hard.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I pulled both the drive clutches apart. The black ones had a red spring inside. Is that a torque spring?
Old 08-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Looks like a 295 MCI to me
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO