lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
rsnelly
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 starts off like a rocket, then dies

Good day Folks. My G22 Yamaha electric, when the pedal is barely pressed, the cart jumps like instant full power. Either forwards or backwards. Fun to do when my wife is drinking something, but hard on the rest of us! Actually left skid marks in the garage trying to back out!

Without being able to smoothly take off, now the cart will run then seem to go to a slow speed and with a few pumps of the pedal will jump back to speed. Any thoughts would be greatly (!) appreciated.
rsnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
rsnelly
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 starts off like a rocket, then dies

Folks, please help me with this problem. The G22E would run, then slow to a crawl. When the accelerator is pushed repeatedly, the cart may pick up and go.
So I bought a new accelerator pedal sensor, now ran for a minute then quite. Pushed back into the garage.

What could possibly be wrong? Batteries ok (50.8v), key on, etc.
Thanks in advance for any/all help.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

My G19 is doing the same thing. I replaced batteries, switches, cables. Now I’m down to motor and brushes
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnelly View Post
What could possibly be wrong? Batteries ok (50.8v), key on, etc.
You could check how much the voltage drops under load...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
rsnelly
Not Yet Wild

I will do that, under load. Now it won't run at all, can't check it under load. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does the solenoid click when you push the pedal? If so, it could be the motor/brushes or the speed sensor. I've tested a not running ydre cart with an aux 12v battery... disconnect the battery pack, disconnect a/f cables on motor, jump wire A1/F1 and A2/F2, lift the back of the cart, connect 12v battery to A1 / A2. The motor should run at low speed.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:59 PM   #7
rsnelly
Not Yet Wild

Well, I replaced the throttle position sensor, the solenoid and finally the motor and the controller. Lot of money and time, buy the cart is now half again as fast and great hill climb power.

Last issue, the throttle does not respond until the pedal is pushed about half way. Any thoughts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha