lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2022, 10:58 AM   #1
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT charger and batteries help

I just picked up an ezgo for a rebuild project, it did not come with a charger, the batteries are also no good. based on model number on batteries that they are 6v and the cart is a 36 volt. My question is should i go back with 6 - 6v batteries and spend $800 or try to get it running on 3 12v? don't know what all on this rig will have to be replaced after i get some power to it. also in my search for chargers I'm seeing everything from $80 to $400? any input on what to avoid. i would think the cheaper smaller models would just have a lot longer recharge time? but i dont wanna cook my brand new batteries

Any input would be appreciated, still trying to figure this forum thing out
Plt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT charger and batteries help

Don't go with 3x12 ! Go with 6x6V. Get a good charger. If you are serious about rebuilding, you might consider going to 48V since you need batteries and a charger anyway. You did not say what year or model so I don't know what else you would need other than a new controller.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

Info on plate in glove box
J103

Also local battery shop sells us battery and Trojan, I’ve heard good things about both, I’m pretty sure charging receptacle will need to be replaced as well, it looks pretty rough but cable seem to be in good shape,not sure about status of anything else, solenoid controller etc… I would love to do 48v swap but I dont wanna get too deep too quick either
Old 01-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks to me to be a 2003. First thing I would do is take a look at the frame and make sure it's solid. The decision is, just get it running and not be happy with maybe 15mph or spend a little more now and have a little better performance. The cost of 6-6volt batteries isn't much different than the cost of 6-8volt batteries. You can find a good used charger and both are about the same price. You can likely run your stock motor on 48 volts if it's an AMD. If you go to 48 then you'll probably need a new controller and solenoid. Even though the cables look good now, at some point you'll want to upgrade to 2ga. It all depends what you want to do with it and what your budget is.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:34 PM   #5
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys
frame does look pretty good, some surface rust around battery compartment but nothing too bad, think a wire brush will take care of that. really dont wanna get into controllers and all that unless i have to. 1 reason is budget and another is my kids will be driving some and i wanna keep it somewhere in the manageable speed range.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO