lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2022, 02:24 PM   #1
ThatSloanGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default Which motor is best for 2011 YDRE with Alltrax

Hi all! I bought a 2011 YDRE 48V that was not running and had an electrical burning smell. After opening it up I noticed it has an Alltrax XCT48500YDRE in it with the stock Hitachi DM430-06A motor.

Of course the motor was absolutely destroyed internally so I am looking for a motor that is better paired with the 500A Alltrax. I just need to make sure it’ll fit back with the limited space on the rear end of the cart.
ThatSloanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2022, 08:46 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Which motor is best for 2011 YDRE with Alltrax

I went with a D&D motor to replace my Hitachi motor that was a POS.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:33 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Admiral D2 or D4 have good reputations with the YDRE cart. Google around for reviews.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:44 PM   #4
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can confirm, Admiral D2 with an Alltrax XCT controller is an excellent combo. I just recently burned up my Hitachi and decided to go Admiral from a site sponsor, posted directly above me in fact. I have the XCT 400 controller and I'm getting 27mph (with a larger wheel/tire combo), using the supplied field map that came with the motor. I'm very pleased with the results and can't say enough about Carts Unlimited/Scotty. Extremely helpful and responsive to questions.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:39 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
Can confirm, Admiral D2 with an Alltrax XCT controller is an excellent combo. I just recently burned up my Hitachi and decided to go Admiral from a site sponsor, posted directly above me in fact. I have the XCT 400 controller and I'm getting 27mph (with a larger wheel/tire combo), using the supplied field map that came with the motor. I'm very pleased with the results and can't say enough about Carts Unlimited/Scotty. Extremely helpful and responsive to questions.
Thanks Jay Also note there is now a D4 long stack high torque motor that will take this cart's performance to a whole other level - I hear very good reviews.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
ThatSloanGuy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Admiral D2 or D4 have good reputations with the YDRE cart. Google around for reviews.
I went with a D&D motor and when installing it had a motor mounting bolt shear off. I pulled the motor back off and it’s almost like the G29 mounting bolts don’t fit once they get more than 1/8 of an inch in the motor and are very tough to turn.

I guess I’ll figure out getting the stud tomorrow, but are these bolts the same as the D&D mounting bolts? I’ve changed several motors and never had this issue before.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:18 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ATTENTION, as far as i remember of my Ydre, Yamaha bolts are METRIC ( M6 )
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:09 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

D&D needs different mounting bolts! Do Not Use the ones that held on the Hitachi motor! They are Metric and the D&D is not. I believe it's 1/4-20 bolt.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:18 PM   #9
ThatSloanGuy
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have a link to which bolt I need?? I was not told by either D&D or the distributor I ordered through that it was a different bolt and can’t seem to locate anything that will answer that question for me.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:57 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

D&D included motor drawings with my order that showed the bolts being 1/4-20. You can get them at any hardware store. You may have to clean up the threads on the motor if you tried to put Metric bolts into it. Get a 1/4-20 tap to do that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha