lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
jeeptrk
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Stealth 4x4 solenoid question

Does anyone know what this solenoid is on my Stealth cart? It's mounted just above the forward and reverse solenoids. There is a tab with no wire on it and I see a purple wire that is not connected to anything but not sure if that is where it connects. See pics. Link to photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/ieBtAntR6aHbNFzu6
jeeptrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2021, 07:50 PM   #2
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Stealth 4x4 solenoid question

No clue, mine doesn't have that.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

I knew from your pics that you didn't have a 48v cart like I have. It appears you have 2 heavy duty solenoids wired in series or parallel, I can't tell which from the pics. This will have been done to handle the increased voltage of a 64 or 72volt cart. Otherwise you would be burning up solenoids on a regular basis. On high voltage tractor systems they use a small pre-solenoid with only 12volts on it to activate the regular solenoid. This keeps the high current from having to go through the key switch and burning it out. I suspect that is what the small solenoid above your main solenoids is for. As to the lug on it with no wire, it must not need one as you said your cart runs fine with the 4WD switch turned on. Again does reverse work without the 4WD switch turned on?
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #4
jeeptrk
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the explanation and yes, I have the same issue in reverse. Works fine in 4x4 but starts out fine in 2wd unless I go past about a 1/4 throttle then it losses all power as if I let off the pedal.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #5
jeeptrk
Not Yet Wild

Well I took a chance and plugged in the loose purple wire to the empty lug but nothing changed. Still works in 4wd forward and reverse and looses all power past 1/4 throttle in 2wd forward and reverse.
Old 01-01-2022, 10:39 PM   #6
Jaymag210
Not Yet Wild

Hey bro. Not sure if this will help you but on my 2011 it looks like that purple wire goes here. Can you post a pic of the wires on the top and bottom of your 2 solenoids and the batteries. I’m having problem with the one I just bought I think the wires I have on my solenoids are wired wrong. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FC10D049-72C6-4C87-A7A4-FE5AF1097AFA.jpg (5.3 KB, 0 views)
Jaymag210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts