lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #11
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 3month old Extreme team 100ah,48v bms failure?

Subscribed. Please keep us informed how things (hopefully) get resolved.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #12
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I received the BMS late yesterday afternoon and plan on finished install today and will post results .
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

In a related story I had my Daly BMS fail yesterday. It was 8 months old. Basically, the same symptoms. External meter went blank, lost all power to the cart and the BT wouldn't connect. Ordered a new BMS but not a Daly. Warranty is listed at 75 days.
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:33 PM   #14
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Well the new BMS appears to have fixed it, I ran the cart about 5mi to diner Monday night. One strange thing is when I charge it with their charger I have a high volt fault on the BMS app. The charger goes to trickle mode and pack voltage is 58.2. (Verified with a DMM). Once and ultimalty settles around 53,7.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:57 PM   #15
MJStealth
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like we may have had a similar issue. I ordered a 48v 100ah battery from them last year, probably in February. I received it late spring after they got a new shipment in and installed it in my 2009 Stealth Patriot (essentially a 4x4 Club Car DS). It worked great, until it didn't. It would randomly shut off, just as you described. I came to a stop in my back yard, did something, then got back in it and it was dead, screen was blank. When I talked to them on the phone, they were very friendly and wanted to help, but we couldn't identify anything during trouble shooting. They ended up sending me another battery, another great customer experience thing, but unfortunately the second battery does it too. It doesn't do it near as much as the first one, but still super frustrating to be risking getting stranded. They showed me how to reboot it using the bluetooth app, but it isn't always connected and working right, plus it times out and won't work after that. Then the only way to wake everything up is to push it to get it plugged in. I have never had any errors or faults show on the app.

Did the Extreme Team guys suggest the BMS change out? Did you have a warranty discussion with them?

Thanks.
MJStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 PM   #16
MJStealth
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I missed your previous post when you mentioned the options ET gave you. Was the new BMS install fairly straight forward?
MJStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM   #17
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

It was fairly easy to do, the wiring on the new bms wiring was not identical and had to add larger lug to one of the high amperage cables. The why wiring is done with a fastener to connect to lugs Is a kludge but I am mechanical engineer for a living so I am picky about that sorta stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStealth View Post
Sorry, I missed your previous post when you mentioned the options ET gave you. Was the new BMS install fairly straight forward?
Old 02-20-2022, 08:31 AM   #18
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Whelp crap, my BMs tripped again for no reason Sunday night after Super Bowl. Luckily cart was in driveway. No faults and reset when plugged it in. But now I don’t trust the cart to drive it now. I would be totally screwed if it popped miles away from home .
Old 02-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #19
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
Whelp crap, my BMs tripped again for no reason Sunday night after Super Bowl. Luckily cart was in driveway. No faults and reset when plugged it in. But now I don’t trust the cart to drive it now. I would be totally screwed if it popped miles away from home .
Any idea what the temperature was when that happened?
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:05 PM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't understand how it can be tripping without any faults showing. I wonder if the BMS has custom firmware in it that is faulty.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car