lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
Joey G
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 2004(?) 48V no power getting anywhere it seems.

Ok, so I had an eroding connection on one of the batteries and ignored it; wow am I paying the sanity price.
I drove the cart to my garage to literally put a new end on the offended cable. Cart died right at the door.
The battery meter went as low as possible b4 I parked it and it was moving slowly.
I replaced the connector on said cable and now the cart will not do anything. It's got the key that selects R/OFF/FWD for the selector. It's got an aluminum Controller, so no green light as I've read about.
No lights come on, no clicks anywhere. No signs of life.
I charged the batteries and they are definitely in very good condition. 50.9 across all and 6.3 for all individually.
Seems as if I really made this girl mad by not fixing her sooner.
I'm going out there soon to ensure my level of frustration remains at a constant for today.
Any help would be appreciated.
Joey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
Joey G
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 2004(?) 48V no power getting anywhere it seems.

Thanks to this site I found a VIN under the steering wheel; it's a...

Columbia ParCar

5ED-34491-E4

Oh and a sticker above rear DS tire reads 06-04, SHIFT 2.

Thanks again
Old 11-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #3
Joey G
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 2004(?) 48V no power getting anywhere it seems.

Great news!!!
I ended up taking steps to probe and find how power gets to the front of the cart and when i wiggled the main connector, clicking blessed my ears and the wheels started turning. I've got the front cover off and squished earplugs keeping the POT activated with partial throttle. Yep, rear end in the air, thank God I played it safe huh?

Now to separate the connector and get r done.

Goes to show- keep it simple!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar