lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #21
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: toro workman belt problems and acceleration

yes i agree :)
beachbumtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #22
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok cartmaster and threecw, after reading ur posts today, i decided to go out and try something, so i got a crafts GT6000 riding mower with a 26 hp kohler on it, i grabbed the fuel pump off it and swapped it out with the toro`s pump they look identical and it fired right up....man i was so happy i`m still going to do plugs air filter and oil but i`m just glad it fired up. because it was pouring here today i decided to try a test drive tomorrow and we`ll let u kno... the pump off the rider didnt have any writting on it, but the pump off the toro said mikuni on back and this "2>pom< i didnt see a part number if there was one but as i said they look identical and it fired right up so we`ll go from there, a test drive tomorrow then if it goes well i`ll do plugs and oil change and swap out the hoses i bought new to replace already, do have 1 more question for now:) I HAVENT LOOKED CLOSELY YET CAUSE IM 6-1 and that bed on back makes it hard to get under there but is there an easy way to get that fuel filter out? i mean i can see this side and i can undo the clamp and so on, but unless theres alot of slack in that hose it seems like its going to be tight, anyway let me kno ur thoughts and i`ll let u kno how the restgoes soon. thnx for all the help and ideas thus far. bb
Old 11-06-2021, 12:53 PM   #23
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

hey also wanted to ask u even thou that fuel pump is working do u kno part number for new one? and the trickiest question is ""WHY"" do they make these engines start and stop instead of idle like a riding mower? just curious i figured it couldnt be because of cooling otherwise the riding mower would over also right? so why is it? thnx just 2 questions in the meantime that i didnt kno answers to.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:20 AM   #24
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

OK. Fuel pump part number from Toro is 808656 according to the parts manual.

The fuel filter is awkward due to its location and a fiddle to change with no real easy solution. Regarding the bed it can be raised further if you have the electric actuator. Lift the bed up to maximum height, then lower by an inch or so. Remove the pin that attaches the actuator to the bed and you can now lift the bed higher. You may have to prop it up with a piece of wood or something to stop it dropping down again.

If you think working on the engine is hard under that bed, Try changing the battery

The pedal start function is mainly due to these types of vehicles being designed for regular stop start work on golf courses etc. Its a lot easier to just jump on, release the brake and push the go pedal than constantly turning the key on and off. Just like a golf cart. You can make these key start if you wanted to but Why bother LOL. You have to figure out the wiring for a different key switch and rewire to either start on the key or continue running after the first push of the pedal until you turn the stock key to off.

If you removed the stop function wires from the pedal switch or the wire that grounds the ignition to stop the engine, it will continue to run, but you would need to be able to ground the ignition to stop it when you need to. Hence the need to change out the switch to a type that incorporates an engine kill function.

Oh, and don't take this the wrong way, but I advise you to write full words not text speak, this is an open international forum, not social media. Some members may take offense, and others are all over the world and will find it difficult to translate.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #25
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok then i got the right fuel pump, i did the plugs, filter today took it for a run ran good, sorry about text typing,it is a bad habit i picked yup from the phone:)..and i know what you mean about the battery i put it on trickle charge when i`m not using it lol.....and at least i know now that i can make it idle instead of dying when i stop it, i just thought you were going to say it couldnt be done cause of the belt or something but glad to hear! i appreciate the help thus far, running good, lights work got to fix horn next then a piece of cracked plastic in front then i`mpretty much done for now thnx again to all we`ll see ypo soon
Old 11-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #26
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

got mostly all done new fuel filter,and your right what a pain!!!!! appreciate you guys help i got one more project i want to tackle, i start and stop constantly on the property picking stuff up and dropping off......so i decided to get rid of stop function on the gas pedal so it will stay idling when i let off pedal, so cartmaster and threecw and the rest of you, if you will give me STEP BY STEP instructions on how to do this i will follow, i havent even attempted to look at switch yet so i dont know how many wires or what is involved, and what type of key switch to buy? so your all`s input on that will help me and i will attempt. thnx bb
Old 11-16-2021, 02:25 AM   #27
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

EDIT.

Since writing the information below, I have managed to look at the electrical diagram for your 2110. If yours is all wired correctly, you have a kill wire at the key switch already and will shut the engine down when you turn it off. If you pull the plug off of the pedal switch and bridge the violet and blue ( I think ) wires, the engine should start as soon as you turn the key switch to the on position. If so, that is all you need to do. The black and brown wires at the pedal switch are the other kill circuit and are not needed, so bridge only the above wires (blue and violet ) and tape it up, then tuck the wires up away from the pedal. Then if this works, adjust the carb idle screw as detailed below. Hopefully this will work and you will not need to do any of what I have detailed below. I will leave all this information for others to see and to refer to if we need to go any further.
Just remember to check that the generator is still working by putting a volt meter across the battery and see if the volts rise when you start the engine. You should see it drop when starting to about 10 volts and then rise up to around 14.5 volts with the engine running at a fast idle.

Ok, if you want it to just keep running, the easiest route is to remove the pedal kill wire off of the engine. Then when you push the pedal to start, it will keep running. You may have to adjust the idle screw on the carb to allow it to run but not close the clutch. Just find a happy place for the idle. Once you have done this, the cart will start when you turn the key to on and then push the pedal as normal. The problem now is how to stop the engine. Do me a favor and run the engine as slowly as possible, turn off the ignition switch and see if the engine stops. If so we need do nothing with the kill circuit. It may have an RPM shutdown device that keeps the engine running if revs are above around 1300 rpm. This allows you to slow down smoothly. It will not be required for the conversion later on and should not affect the test if the revs are low enough.

We may be able to disable this device for this test if necessary.

If it does not stop the engine, depending on what type of ignition switch you have, this is is a simple fix simple too. You just need to run a wire from where the kill wire was connected to the engine, run it to a normally open switch or push button on the dash and connect the other switch terminal to ground. easiest way to do this is run a two conductor wire from the engine to the dash switch or button and one conductor connects to the kill connection and the other to the nearest bolt on the engine.

If you really want it all done with the ignition switch, you will need an ignition switch that has the start and engine kill function and remove the pedal switch and rewire it at the new ignition switch for start and stop. I cant give you much detail on how to do this until i know what ignition switch you will use.

Do me a favor and get me pictures of the existing ignition switch with the wires connected and also with the wires removed. I think it is all in a plug on the back of the switch, so close up pics with and without it plugged in. Also when you turn the switch key, does it seem to have two or three positions, ie, off/on/and spring loaded third position. If so, it may already be a crank start switch fitted and you just need to adapt the wiring to it. If not, a new switch will be required.

This may involve moving or extending the pedal switch wiring if not long enough and using some or all four of the wires at the key switch. You will need to determine which wires do what before we can do this, so if you can also take close up pictures of the pedal switch connections, again with and without it plugged in. You may have to cut off some heat shrink tubing to achieve this. Once I have all this information, I may be able to walk you through the conversion. No promises but I hope you have basic electrical skills and knowledge before attempting this.

Depending on what ignition switch you have, we may be able to use it as it is simply by bridging two wires and the engine would start as soon as you turn the key and stop when you turn the key back off. You never know, you may be lucky. I will have to look at the correct circuit diagram and your pictures and answers to my questions to determine what to do next.

The only thing we would have to do after this is to confirm that the starter/generator is still charging the battery as normal.

Personally, i would keep it as it is though for regular starting and stopping unless you want to have the headlights on while the vehicle is parked as this would drain the battery without the engine running to keep it charging.

I hope this helps you decide your next move.

Last edited by Cartmaster; 11-16-2021 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: added information
Old 11-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #28
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

well great info, i`ll get all the pictures and info to you in the next few days,and then we will go from there but thnx for all the info and guidance, i`ll get started and let you know what happens. thnx bb
Old 11-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #29
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

No problem. Before getting pic etc, try what I wrote in purple first. Might save you some trouble if it works. The pedal switch is behind the pedal. A grey plunger switch. May or May mot be under a cover.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:49 PM   #30
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

sorry got 2 bad pix today before i read your post lol, then i`m printing up instructions today also to take out oto garage, but while i`m here i`ll tell you its a 2-position switch on&off i saw the purple or lavender wire your talking about when i took pictures which was hard enough lol,ut i`ll get back to you when i do the purple part" thnx bb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sw1.jpg (161.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sw2.jpg (188.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts