lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2022, 04:56 PM   #1631
ph00enyx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

It's ok, thank you!!
ph00enyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2022, 06:56 AM   #1632
AdrianD
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Thank goodness that I found the cloned FTDI cables that I had packed away. I could not have done this so quickly without them.

I finally finished identifying eleven different variants of valid levels. There is only one Service level, four slightly different Dealer levels, three slightly different OEM levels, two slightly different Factory levels, and only one Development level. User level is the lack of a valid level. It was interesting to evaluate them.

There are 2 layers of level controls, one is software related and the other is hardware related. Both are configurable by editing 1314 registry entries. However, the EEPROM code in the interface or cable does place limits on access. You pretty much have to have a minimum of OEM level in that interface to do much of anything with the newer 1314 software. Do not use a cable with a clone FT232R chip! Real FTDI TTL-232R-3V3-WE cables are available, and the required drivers and utilities can be downloaded from the ftdichip.com website. The EEPROM OEM code to load into the cable has been posted earlier in this thread. The information needed to install a Curtis programming connector is also posted earlier in this thread. As long as the EEPROM is loaded with that OEM code, that is all that most homebrew Curtis programmers would need.

I won't publicly post the EEPROM code for Factory or Development levels. That would be irresponsible due to the very real risk of controller damage from making a fatal mistake. I'm sure that nobody wants to brick their controller.
Hi Bob,

I have a 1228-2701 controller with 3,1 error (PROC/WIRING FAULT). Before that the controller was in EEPROM fault state and DS2003 IC blown and I wasn't able to connect too. After replacing the IC and cloned the EEPROM from another controller (1228-2901) I can connect and change parameters. The model and serial number are coded in the EEPROM and passed to the faulty one. Is there a way to change this and correct PROC/WIRING FAULT? Can be done with a Factory or Development level? If yes, can you share it with me on how to switch from OEM to one of these higher levels?
AdrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:32 AM   #1633
woodygb
Gone Wild

@Adrian ...I have replied by p.m. on the wheelchair forum.
woodygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:53 PM   #1634
lyonel
Not Yet Wild

Where can I send my Curtis controller to have it checked out to make sure it's good, setup for 48v, plug braking and high pedal.?
lyonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #1635
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Just skimmed this MEGA thread, here I thought an OEM handheld was the way to go but you all are using the PC version it seems

Tell me if this is legit?

https://www.nocoev.com/product/1314-4402.htm#gsc.tab=0
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #1636
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yep it’s legit but you can make your own with a little work for roughly $30..

Go back to page 114 and start reading.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:23 PM   #1637
bangingears
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Now that you all have figured out the software and cables.......

does anyone have a recommended setting for curtis rxv 1206ac controller? a little more speed, quicker acceleration, and more initial torque for towing?
bangingears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #1638
Rhino-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldo2626 View Post
Just a follow up in case anyone is looking for information programming the 1232SER. I changed a few parameters with the OEM programmer and its now going 28... plenty fast in my opinion.
  • I referenced the manual on the 1232SE. Here is a link: https://www.maurelma.ch/Produkte/Ant...4E_36E_38E.pdf (thanks nonomac4)
  • Funny thing is that this controller had a "Mode Settings" that overrode modes 0,1 and 2 for Max Speed, Accel Rate, Accel Release Rate and Drive Current. This is probably what Bob was talking about with the Chinese clone.
I made the following Changes (from -> to):
  • Max Speed (3200rpm -> 4500rpm) - upped the speed obviously
  • Accel Release Rate (2.0s -> 1.0s) - this changed the Decel Rate in the mode 0,1,2 menus. I lowered it to have a faster decel because with the increased speed it needed a bit more in my opinion.
  • Brake Rate (1.0s -> 0.5s) - this was in the 0 - Speed Mode Express menu. Again, it was for faster stopping.
Including some pics of the screens below for reference. Seems to be working great for me at this point. I did get one in the diagnostics after changing the Decel and Brake settings. It was fault code 92 (EM Brake Failed to Set). Any help with this is much appreciated!
Hey man. I just purchased a 1313 Handheld Curtis controller programmer and searched the web landing on your post here. It’s been a year since you posted this. Are you a guru now? Lol. I have a 2021 Evolution and want to make some adjustments but not until I’m ready to do so. What are your thoughts?
Rhino-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:41 AM   #1639
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looking for the esn info for the developer access level, Please send pm if you can help me out!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #1640
thcinaus
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thumbs up Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygb View Post
Did you manage to program the Q-logic 3 without using the ECON-W software?
The econ-w program has a 6 line binary section in the registry I will be manipulating the registry with the binary for factory and developer codes used in the 1314 software to see if I can crack the program
Will let you know how I go I have the software but are short on time crack registry settings
thcinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts