lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Advice

How do you Tomberlin owners feel about your cars? I have a 2007 that I can pick up for 2K if I can get it repaired. I'll include a pic if I can upload. I'm getting a little discouraged about it due to not being able to find parts. This cart only has 870 miles on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0651.jpg (366.2 KB, 0 views)
owensfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
bradical
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Advice

Repaired? What's wrong with it ? How are the batts?
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thats a good looking cart for 2k, I am a former Tomberlin dealer but a was discouraged with the time it took to get parts and always having to do brake work on them...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Repaired? What's wrong with it ? How are the batts?
It tries to move forward and reverse with no luck. Jacked up it will turn the rear wheels at 2 or 3 MPH. I can pull the accelerator pedal assy down and unplug the circuit board with the four wire plug on it and it will run fine up to 25 MPH. Plug the board back in and it goes back to 2 to 3 mph. I've road it for 6 miles with the board unplugged, but the throttle response is either on or off. I haven't narrowed down the correct problem yet. If you turn the switch off you have to go through the process of plugging the board back in and unplugging it to drive it. Oh yeah the owner put brand new batteries in it thinking that was the problem. so they are good and also all wires and connections are as clean as the cart. It only has a little over 800 miles on it.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Thats a good looking cart for 2k, I am a former Tomberlin dealer but a was discouraged with the time it took to get parts and always having to do brake work on them...
That is what discourages me about the cart. locating the parts for it. I noticed a 94 and later ezgo has the same type pedal assy for the accelarator in it. I just wonder how many of these parts are interchangeable. the 2007 has a hall inductor with an external circuit board and 2009 came out with the circuit board built into the sensor. wonder if the 2009 would work in place of the 07 external circuit board if that is the problem.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
bradical
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Need Advice

bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

Where was your store at?
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin