lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #21
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: couple old carts

That's an amazing looking stretch. Really beautiful work.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #22
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

thanks....i had alot of help on it and buddy made it look good. i'll try to get some more build pics out this weekend.
as far as the 200cc motor it had morr then enough power because i made the motor direct with the rear. it was an electric axle that i cut the motor end off, cut the drive shaft of the motor, and then had a buddy center drill the motor end to the size of the drive shaft. sounded good at the time but i should have run a jackshaft to gear it up. in 5th gear i might get 12 mph out if it, but it would climb just about any hill you would want to. i'll try to get some pics of how i done it and it'll make more sense.
MIKEPEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #23
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Thanks, I'd appreciate the additional pics. I am still tempted to use this 300cc Kawasaki 4x4 quad for one of my builds. I was afraid it would be too weak to pull the cart very well. I don't really need it to be super fast, but I definitely want to get at least 25-35mph out of it (it does about 45-50 as a quad, with my fat self on it, so if it will stick close to that as a cart I'll be quite happy). It'll mostly be a cruiser for taking my daughter to school within 3 blocks, and then I'll take it up to my property in the mountains to run around on to haul water, etc., and tool around on the hundreds of acres of fun land we have to play on (we have a little over 64 acres, and we're bordered by BLM and state land on 2 sides, so we have a huge playground at our disposal).
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #24
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

check the ratio on the quads rear axle, check the ratio on your cart, compare and do some math. i'm not sure what kind of input speed on a gas cart is when the clutch is shifted full out. i know on a sled that it's actually like an overdrive because it is more then a 1:1 ratio on your output to input on your drive, but not sure about a cart. you could use a jackshaft and change the ratio to anything you want. if you use the whole drivetrain out of your quad you already have your answer on your power and top speed.(givenyou have the same size tires on the cart as the quad) same machine different body....little more lbs but should be close to the same top speed.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #25
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Yeah, if I use the quad I'd probably just lengthen and widen the quad chassis, and drop the cart body over it (for the most part). It's an automatic, with reverse, so it would be a nice fairly easy conversion for daily use, and cruising on my property.

If it wasn't shaft drive, I'd still use most of the quad components, but use my Ninja 600 engine, but I don't want to have to build or buy too much more stuff to mate the 600 chain drive to the shaft drive rear and front ends of the quad.

I've got two carts, one complete, one "mostly" complete (body, chassis, motor, 2 rear ends, but no batteries), so I might end up building two gassers, one with the quad, one with the 600cc ninja motor. Although I really enjoy the electric, so I hate to do that. Maybe i'll hunt for yet another club car body and leave the electric alone.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

great looking carts!! I see you have some golf cart rims as your adapter for the mega big truck tires.
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
struckby29
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i like the stretched that thing looks sick
struckby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #28
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

i just welded plates in the old cart rims and drilled some holes in the plates to match my ford rims. i have an old set of 35" boggers i was thinking about putting on but i've been busy. i still need to get to work on my pargo...and finish the stretch.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #29
Cartfreq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That's an AWESOME stretch...love the silver and LED lights..
Cartfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #30
clutch
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

the stretch cart is way over the top cool.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!