lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
walts
Not Yet Wild

Smile Hesitation

I have a 1997 E-Z-GO gas cart. When I step on the gas pedal it hesitate's before it moves. Is there any adjustment to be made to correct this. Also is it normal to use the choke on these warm days. I notice also that where I park my cart is a little down hill would that have anything to do with having to use the choke all of the time. Thanks
walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
pnshvl68
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hesitation

I've noticed in the past that the pilot jet getting clogged would cause this. Clean it out then give it a try.
pnshvl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
walts
Not Yet Wild

I'll try that but if I remember right it's either fixed or it's so stuck that I was afraid that I might damage it if I forced it. It still backfires when I slow down not all the time. Would it be possible that my carb is sucking air through a bad gasket. When I took the carb off at the beginning of the season, I cleaned out the float bowl, I had a lot of crud in it. Which surprises me because I went through the same thing last season. I have changed the gas filter, the only place that stuff could be getting in is through the filter. Corect me if I'm wrong.Thanks, have a nice holiday
Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
Jednlulu113
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Check your valves...search the forum for "valve adjustment". You need 0.004" clearance between rockers and cam with a cold engine. Good luck.
Jednlulu113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
walts
Not Yet Wild

Ok I wil, now in the gas pedal...I have to press it a couple of times before the cart starts to move. What exactly does the micro switch do? I watched the throttle linkage and it seems like the throttle moves like it should when the pedal is pressed about 1/8 of the way down. Thanks

Tags
gas pedall, linkage adjustment
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO