lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Advice on G22

Hello, First off this is my first time posting and I haven't even had my cart a week and I'm already addicted. I am on this forum non-stop.
My question is actually a few questions, so any help is appreciated. I did search prior to posting but had no luck.
I have 2006 G22 gas with 6" Jakes lift, 22" tires, Jake's clutch kit, rear seat and I'm totally addicted to modding it. I plan on taking mine camping and desert. I would like to do alittle offroad it but I understand this is a cart not a Rhino.
I'm alittle confused on whether modding/fabbing my own exhaust is worth it, or is the Plowman exhaust a better way too go? I don't want it too loud.

Is the K&N pod filter really make it that much louder?

My biggest issue and the one I need most help with is stiffening front and rear suspension. Air shocks, aftermarket HD springs, ATV components? All seem to have pros and cons, but whats best for my application. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks, Sean (This is not a good picture, but you get the point)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 002.jpg (87.0 KB, 19 views)
damndummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: Advice on G22

welcome to BGW damndummy.
my cart is 99% off road with almost the same setup. i live in the desert and have never gotten stuck in anything. my cart goes place that my truck has to be in 4 wheel drive to go.before you do anything i suggest you drive it out there and see what it does and therefore you will be able to recognize your needs better.
as far as exhausts.dont bother.it aint worth the trouble my 02.cents
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

DD, spend the $100 on the Jake's heavy duty rear springs, it will be night and day and takes almost all the body roll out of it when you hang a turn at 25mph. I have an 04 G22 Gas w/ 22's and the Jakes rear seat and HD springs. With 4 grown men on the cart, there is no sag in the rear but the ride is still reasonable even when empty.

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.
Chris
luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Luvdamud-I talked to Jake's and I will have the springs Monday
dock98-is that a roll cage on your cart? If so where did you get it? Also, what else have you done to your cart. Airbox, jetting, gov. bypass, etc???
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by damndummy View Post
Luvdamud-I talked to Jake's and I will have the springs Monday
dock98-is that a roll cage on your cart? If so where did you get it? Also, what else have you done to your cart. Airbox, jetting, gov. bypass, etc???
i have replaced the airbox{wont fit with K&N)with a gas filter(flow pointed outward.)bypassed governor,left low altitude jet in carb.( i live at about 1200 ft above sea level)that is a homemade lite bar.lights were ripped off 4 wheeling thru some low hanging trees.replaced light to front cowl.hope that answers your question.good luck.keep us posted.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

dock98, thats a big help. I live in San Diego County so my jetting may be alright?
I'm confused when you say replaced airbox. So it has a pod style filter now or ? Did you new filter make it louder?
Do you have a tach or any gauges? Fuel gauge?
Did you have any electrical issues with lights? I have OEM headlights but was thinking about 100w offroad lights.
Any thoughts or info would be great. I appreciate your time and I apologize for all the questions but you have a set up close to what I want. Thanks, Sean

P.S. Do you have any pictures of engine?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

i have 100 amp road light wired to switch and to fuses on fender in engine comp.
yes it is a regular gas filter.no noticeable excess noise.no tach.gonna get a GPs as soon as i can afford it.
Sean.we thrive on questions.members love to talk about their carts.ask away.will post pics as soon as i repair some damage caused by breaking belt.i also have a HD clutch spring.(forgot to mention.)
Old 06-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
cart de golf
Gone Wild

If you want to put a torque kit in I would call plowman’s he makes different kits for different application others use the same spring for everything & I find on a g22 the engine only revs for nothing I pull 23 inches tires with a stock clutch & I can still climb properly

p.s.I dont have a rear seat
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha