lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
irwin fletcher
Not Yet Wild

Default Led light replacement for older halogen light kit

I don’t post much but I do use the forum often for knowledge.

I recently went looking for an upgrade for the halogen bulbs in my Mad Jax headlight light kit. I ordered some from amazon for a little under $25. They arrived today and I installed them this evening. All I can say is that they are literally night and day different—in a good way.

These are the lights I ordered.
Antline Extremely Bright 50W High Power 881 889 886 894 896 LED Fog Light Bulbs Xenon White for DRL or Fog Lights (Packs of 2)

I don’t have any time in with them to speak about durability but they are so much brighter than my halogen bulbs were. They fit perfectly with no modifications.

Hope this helps someone else who finds themselves in the same boat I was.
irwin fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2019, 12:03 AM   #2
Kyle M.
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Led light replacement for older halogen light kit

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Led light replacement for older halogen light kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin fletcher View Post
I don’t post much but I do use the forum often for knowledge.

I recently went looking for an upgrade for the halogen bulbs in my Mad Jax headlight light kit. I ordered some from amazon for a little under $25. They arrived today and I installed them this evening. All I can say is that they are literally night and day different—in a good way.

These are the lights I ordered.
Antline Extremely Bright 50W High Power 881 889 886 894 896 LED Fog Light Bulbs Xenon White for DRL or Fog Lights (Packs of 2)

I don’t have any time in with them to speak about durability but they are so much brighter than my halogen bulbs were. They fit perfectly with no modifications.

Hope this helps someone else who finds themselves in the same boat I was.
Does your light kit have indicators? If so do they still work properly?

If anyone is doing this to a kit with indicators you will probably find that the indicators either flash too fast or don't work at all. In that case you would need to change the flasher unit to an electronic one designed to work with LEDs, or leave the indicators as halogens.

Well done
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car