lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
Designmine
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel golf cart

I have been looking/searching but I can't find anything. I am wanting a quick disconnect like what are on race cars. I thought it might be nice added security to just be able to pop off the steering wheel when I leave for the week.

Anyone know of any that are set up for the size of the steering shaft on a Club Car President (gas if that matters)?
Designmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
CarolinaMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel golf cart

I don't have an answer for you. However, you might try this thread over in the design forum of this web site. You may get an idea from one of the snoozy-go or ya mama ha guys. There's some creative things over there.
CarolinaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
crash test dummy

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/produc...ty-System.html
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
zooom
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

While the Grant steering wheel disconnect may work for this application, it costs ~$200 + the expense to first convert your golf cart steering column to handle the Grant steering wheel adaptor [at least another $100 or so..] + the cost of a new Grant steering wheel.

I've been in the [drag] race car fabrication business for the last 40 years & in that arena nothing is easy or cheap. A good quality steering wheel disconnect mechanism costs ~$50 on up, depending on the construction material & required number of alignment splines. This disconnect device gets welded to a non-OEM fabricated tubular steering shaft designed for that purpose. The other half is bolted to a steering wheel - also designed for that purpose, and voila!, you have a removable steering wheel for ~$200. [costs of adaptor, welding & fitting it to column, new steering wheel]

This approach might be more in-line with your intentions, but as in any kind of one-off fabrication projects, your MMV.....
zooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

look into race car applications. all the dirt cars in this area use them. im sure they dont spend that for them
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 AM   #7
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

this is what im making mine out of e-bay 30 bucks. its a weld on with aluminum hub
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG steerg wheel quick release.PNG (79.1 KB, 0 views)
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #8
Juniorgc3
Not Yet Wild

Any updates on the QD installs? I'm thinking I want to add one to my cabin cart. Thx
Juniorgc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car