lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
palladrj
Not Yet Wild

Default Max Power, No control

My Marathon is a victim of Ike. Salt water came half way up to, but not over, the batteries.
After a few weeks I finally had time to get to the golf cart. I connected the charger to the cart in the garage, and went into the flood-devastated house. Later that day while cleaning debris form the house, I heard a loud crash and screeching tires in the garage. To my surprise, I found that after the batteries had charged, the cart had lunged forward into a metal cabinet, jammed it into the garage wall, and continued to spin the tires until it stopped for some reason. I had inadvertently left the controller in FWD while it was charging.
Here’s my problem now. If I turn on the power switch with the controller in either FWD or REV, the cart peals out at full power without touching the pedal. On the positive side, it has more power than it has ever had.
What the heck is the problem?
palladrj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO